Why use the tepidiser if you have the aquatuner?

On the Rime if you want some water for your crops you need to keep it in liquid state.

I switched to refinery to get warm enough water as soon as I could tho.

I used it there early game but never before or since.

Over 8 times more energy efficient.

If you want to be most optimal, use an AT until your cooling needs are met, then if you still need heat and it's under 85c then use a tepidiser.

1 hour ago, Tobruk said:

At least you're getting cold liquid too to use elsewhere. What's the point? 

Ease of use, variable flows (where you cannot depend on the cooling), low-flow situations, etc.

You can hook it up with a Buffer and a NOT gate to make it run 1 second at a time at high efficiency, enabling for temperatures beyond specification. Good for improving efficiencies in a steam turbine boiler room or making rocket fuel. (The amount of energy it puts in is not net positive, so it is only good at keeping the room at-temperature while your Aquatuners add to it)

Just make sure that you are making it out of at least steel or it will break running past 100 Celcius.

1 hour ago, EterniaLogic said:

You can hook it up with a Buffer and a NOT gate to make it run 1 second at a time at high efficiency, enabling for temperatures beyond specification. Good for improving efficiencies in a steam turbine boiler room or making rocket fuel. (The amount of energy it puts in is not net positive, so it is only good at keeping the room at-temperature while your Aquatuners add to it)

No, it is power positive.  The steam turbine turns about 1 kDTU into 1 watt, and the tepidizer turns 1 watt into about 4 kDTU.

39 minutes ago, Tobruk said:

There's always good ol' steam turbine combo

Not sure how deleting heat (steam turbine) has anything to do with comparing an item that makes heat (tepidizer) with an item that moves (aquatuner) it... 

Just now, beowulf2010 said:

Not sure how deleting heat (steam turbine) has anything to do with comparing an item that makes heat (tepidizer) with an item that moves (aquatuner) it... 

You're getting some of that power back (something like 20-30%). You're not really moving heat than just deleting it.

8 hours ago, Tobruk said:

You're getting some of that power back (something like 20-30%). You're not really moving heat than just deleting it.

Ah, you consider the aquatuner and the steam turbine as a unit. I tend to keep them completely separate in my head as they have independent uses for me.

Archived