[Experimental Update] - 409828

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

This update introduces Sal's Brawl Mode! It's a compact way to play, that focuses on quick deck building. This is a very first pass, so there will be balance and stability issues. Give it a try! (you will need to have beaten Kashio at least once to unlock it).

F8 early, F8 often!

• Added Sal's Brawl mode
  • Visciousness: Clarify it is triggered by attack damage (eg. not efficient disposal or other sources)
  • Changed Hair of the Vroc to give Adrenaline instead of removing a debuff
  • Added the Smith's Arsenal card and added it to Smith's base deck
  • Crusher now displays its modified cost even in the discard pile
  • Fix winning a graft at the auction.
  • Clarify Stun description because it does not stack.
  • Matter of Fact can no longer be played if you have no composure.
  • Intimidation is now a Diminishment opinion event.
  • Dilemma is now 2-6.
  • Usually scrolling the mouse wheel over a scroll panel makes it scroll. Now the Deck Screen, Card Info Popup, Grafts Screen, and Mutators Screen all scroll their contents even if the mouse isn't directly over their respective scroll panels
  • Reduce pay costs slightly.
  • Showing the characters' short names in the New Game Screen's descriptions
  • Backstab now does double damage if it is Improvised.
  • Fixing the Start game option for gamepads. Also removing the old Select-character button, since it's not used anymore
  • Fixed bug where Shell was only giving 1 defend
  • Diversion now increases it's resolve gain with additional stacks
  • Hiding the Preview Upgrade button on the Card info popup, since the card upgrades are already visible in the upgrade info block
  • Changed Sharpen of Vision to use same base description as Sharpen
  • Psimulacrum no longer affects inceptions
  • Fix softlock involving drawing into 2 Raw cards from an empty hand while gambling draw/deck with either Sifting Coin or Chaos Coin. Return all cards to hand in the UI for picking.
  • Fixed the uppercasing of the main characters' names in the New Game Screen. Also fixed the outfits logic to report 0% unlocked if that character is still locked, or if only one (the default) outfit is available
  • Update Evoke text to explain it is once per turn.
  • Crafty+ creates Ploys when it takes damage.
  • Ploy can now trigger Double Edge.
  • Reduce Ploy's resolve scaling.
  • Marked the fight in Asset Recovery as an isolated fight
  • Reworked Rib Cracker
  • Dangerous Bulb preview now disappears after doing damage and comes back at the start of your turn for clarity
  • Set trained_strike_plus2 to have a manual desc
  • Fixed typo in ergo description
  • Updated Defensive Surge to use CountCardsPlayed() instead of manually keeping track of card plays
  • Fixed bug where Knuckle Down wasn't increasing its hit count correctly
  • Fixed bug where Traumatized could be used twice in certain circumstances
  • Eccentricity now rolls costs from a shuffled table to prevent yahtzees and yarboroughs.  On prestige 2, Eccentricity+ can assign costs from 0 - 3.
  • Chemist's character flaw is the the Curiosity bounty.
  • Aleternator: Fix crash if a card was Appropriated or otherwise removed directly.
  • Shred: Fix crash referencing missing bonus.
  • Prevent card upgrades via CardInfoPopup when in battle and negotiation.
  • Remove desaturation rendering when cards are out of charges.
  • Fix crash if Diseased brings a fighter to 0 health. CheckForDeath after DeltaMaxStat in cases it brings health to 0.
  • Adding fancier buttons to the New Game Screen act options

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

Just pushed a fix based on some reports (thanks!). The brawl was screeching to a halt if you ever had to fight the flead queen.

Should be live in about 30 minutes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

Just pushed a couple of fixes for brawl mode (will be ready in 30 minutes):

• fix flead queen gender
  • mark fssh and the shopkeepers in brawl
  • mark murder target as wanted dead in brawl
  • remove incorrect "world of rook" background in brawl
  • don't give legacies in brawl mode
  • fix missing plaxes in random brawl list

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Faction battle is very easy right now. You got an entire patrol team on your side fighting against the enemy patrol team with the same difficulty. At a later date this is more important, because in other fights, the opponent have ridiculous backup, but in this quest, you have the same ridiculous backup as well.

• Like 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

Faction battle is very easy right now. You got an entire patrol team on your side fighting against the enemy patrol team with the same difficulty. At a later date this is more important, because in other fights, the opponent have ridiculous backup, but in this quest, you have the same ridiculous backup as well.

I can see how that would be the case. I might try making the opposition force be a difficulty step up from yours, or maybe making your backup draw from a special tuned table.  

Next week I want to add a bunch more brawl quests and focus a bit on getting the player to negotiate more.  

How is the overall experience playing out so far? Are there parts of the main game that feel missing? Pets maybe?

• Thanks 1

Two things I noticed during my run were the lack of optional pre-boss negotations to reduce the boss battle difficulty and the lack of boss grafts.

The first was always a motivator to negotiate in the campaign, since you could make up for having a weaker combat deck by increasing the likelihood of successfully persuading people to help you fight the boss or weakening the boss through negotiation.

The latter mostly boils down to being stuck at 3 energy during the whole game, which feels restrictive as Sal when the difficulty ramps up significantly near the end, I got into one fight where it was me soloing vs four Spree (including two Captains) and things got really out of hand really quick. This could also just be an issue with the scaling of combat though, as well as not having pets to divert some of the damage towards.

I did also notice that when starting the fifth day, the only NPCs in the bar were two vendors, so there was nobody to hire to help me out for the next mission.

Schermafdruk_2020-05-09_15.14.53.png

• Like 2

Is it just me, or are there sleep dialogues for Sal's brawl that didn't appear in the main game? I don't remember ever seeing this one before, but maybe I've just missed it. 

image.png

image.png.3213ad8c1ca86182845a832983b2f570.png

Edited by Iamteehee
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Iamteehee said:

I don't remember ever seeing this one before, but maybe I've just missed it. 

Definitely missed it, Sal has a bunch of sleep dialogue.