More variety in objcets

Would you like more variety in objects such as boulders, bushes etc?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more variety in objects such as boulders, bushes etc?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care really

Hello, another thread.

So most objects in-game have a single model shared by all. Bolders and trees are a good example. 

There are some objects however which have multiple sprites. I'm talking about driftwood and berry bushes.

Spoiler

image.png.d93880ac6e90341c1d2457354ecf9b31.png

And I was just curious what are your opinions on this. Do you want more variety in objects' models or not.

23 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Nah, we already got item skins pouring down upon the game. Why not focus on useful stuff like item rebalances?

I mean, hey, the devs themselves have said that because of working from home there're some problems creeping up on them and so we shouldn't expect a big update in some time. They'll try to deliver something every month tho

And what would make a better small update than bug fixes and new models

16 hours ago, Szczuku said:

So most objects in-game have a single model shared by all. Bolders and trees are a good example

Just to clarify- trees have different growth stages so tbh they don't really need additional models. But, hey, more variety is always nice

16 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I mean, hey, the devs themselves have said that because of working from home there're some problems creeping up on them and so we shouldn't expect a big update in some time. They'll try to deliver something every month tho

And what would make a better small update than bug fixes and new models

The thing is, the devs saying that the next update is going to be smaller probably doesn't mean they're scrambling for new ideas for a small update. It's probably something they've already had planned, just something unrelated to RoT or refreshes, kind of like how the YotPK wrestling was always meant to come back permanently but they waited for the right time.

6 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

The thing is, the devs saying that the next update is going to be smaller probably doesn't mean they're scrambling for new ideas for a small update.

What's the problem with giving ideas? Your idea of a reskin got added into the game so why my should have less of a chance?

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

What's the problem with giving ideas? Your idea of a reskin got added into the game so why my should have less of a chance?

That's, um, a huge misinterpretation of what I said. I just don't agree with the idea that Klei saying the next update is going to be smaller than usual means that they need to come up with something entirely different from their plans, I didn't say that nobody else's suggestions should ever get into the game. I've got nothing against the idea itself, I think it would make sense for rocks and such to vary in more ways than just tint. Though I'm also not a fan of this being in general discussion as a "would you like this" poll when it's really just a suggestion, as you said yourself.

15 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Though I'm also not a fan of this being in general discussion as a "would you like this" poll when it's really just a suggestion, as you said yourself.

Oh don't worry I am aware of Suggestions and Feedback's existance. I made this post here cuz I wanted to know the opinion of more than 6 people on this matter. Sure I can blindly throw a suggestion at Klei but I feel better when I at least know that majority of people feel the same. 

The last thing I want to happen is for me to write a suggestion only to find out that I'm the only one who thinks that's a decent idea.

Archived