I personally didn't get the chance to play neither the Gorge nor the Forge, but I have played with mods who make these events come back and I quite enjoyed playing, I really think the gorge and forge should make a comeback, maybe not as an limited event though. 

Here are some ways I think the Gorge and the Forge could be implimented back into the game.

1. There could be a setting in the menu in the events settings, with the Winter's Feast, Hallowed Nights, ect.

2. There could be two brand new islands in the main world, they did impliment sailable oceans with "Return of Them", so this is possible. There could be ports, which would be the only place you could board on. Uppon exiting your boat, there could be a warning that says you might not be able to go back for a while, you would drop all your items would drop on your boat and would be locked inside until either success or failure. Once your in, it would be exactly the same as were the events. If you win, one, you can leave, two, you get some sort of reward, maybe a blueprint for the farm plots of the gorge, or for the forge, a blueprint for a new weapon. If you lose, you would simply wake up on your boat, with no consequence other then time loss.

There are other ways in which this could be implimented, but I really like my second suggestion.

I had a really cool idea a long time ago, for a part of the Ancient Gateway to blow off and land somewhere on the surface after the fuelweaver is defeated and the ruins resets. Forge mobs and enemies could come out of the portal piece on the surface and start to establish colonies and invade the world and destroy biomes, while you have to stop in and slow their growth. The enemy invasions from Terraria inspired this idea.

Being able to travel to the Forge and Gorge as islands doesnt really make much sense to me.

Well maybe not islands, but maybe that if you were to defeat fuelweaver, you could get a gateway fragment that alows you to repair the ancient gateway and travel to the gorge and forge, and once you've won, you'd bring back some form of reward, but I don't think that the mobs from the events should be able to use the gateway, since in the official events it is said that WE are the gatekeepers and are the only ones allowed to go through, for that reasons I don't think the mobs from both events could come and colonize the world, and let's be honnest, that would change the game waaaayyyyy too much if they were to add that the mobs could go through.

2 hours ago, ConvexCaribou23 said:

travel to the gorge and forge

I don't really see that being possible, since that'd mean generating a new shard. Basically it means your computer will have to run another server to host the gorge/forge world. It's already a quite a burden on some computers to host the forest and caves world as 2 different servers, another 3rd server to run would be a bit disastrous.

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

since that'd mean generating a new shard

Not necessarly... If it is retrofited somewhere on the map, but you can't access it in any other ways, for example, like what they did with the attrium, it is in the caves but it's only accessible through one specific way.

These events have proven that, even tho fun, they're hardly worth Klei's efforts. The skin sales barely covered the cost of running the event servers.

Plus these events are nothing more than just a pause in game's developement since there's a lot of effort put into something that lasts a month and will probably never come back.

So I'd rather have Klei focus on the main gameplay and leave Forge and Gorge to modders.

Well, you said it yourself, it was a lot of effort for something temporary. The code is already there, it's all existing, in my opinion, it would not take much at all to simply re-impliment it (I don't know anything about coding, so I don't fully know what I'm talking about). But it would not be that much effort to just put it back in permanantly with maybe a few tweaks, and they could take this as an opportunity to sell more skins and stuff, even if both gorge and forge already made skins, I see possibilities for even more skins, especially now that the clean sweaper is a thing.

14 hours ago, Szczuku said:

These events have proven that, even tho fun, they're hardly worth Klei's efforts. The skin sales barely covered the cost of running the event servers.

Plus these events are nothing more than just a pause in game's developement since there's a lot of effort put into something that lasts a month and will probably never come back.

So I'd rather have Klei focus on the main gameplay and leave Forge and Gorge to modders.

Oh my beejesus.... x.X the events had unique scenery, mobs, gameplay and game content, Limited Time or Not.. they’ve still already coded all that into the game, so it’s not like it takes away development time in doing something else.. it’s literally ALREADY been developed.

There a Hundred Million ways they can add Forge, Gorge, Shipwrecked And Hamlet Content into DST- they’ve already started taking things here and there from Shipwrecked and bringing it into DST such as Wobster & Wobster Dens..

But in a game where we can jump in wormholes, travel into alternate dimensions, go spelunking in caves, build ancient portals, build teleportation devices, get sucked into black holes that spit us out on another planet.. etc etc.... there really is no excuse WHY this content isn’t in DST.

Maybe you CANT Build a boat and sail to an island... maybe the “Waterfall” Borders that are at the edges of the map prevents you from doing that.. but those islands CAN STILL EXIST BEYOND THOSE WATER FALL BORDERS.

The TL:DR- You dont need a Separate “Server Shard” because the biomes are generated on the surface world.. only out of reach through traditional “build a boat and sail there methods.”

Anyone want to tell me why In a game full of Quote “Science & Magic!” That I can’t jump into a Wormhole and end up in @ADM Cherry Forest Japanese Sakura biome?

my point is that The game for console players does not have access to mods- And because of that is severely  lacking in biome and mob variety compared to PC who actually CAN use mods adding Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge And Forge themed biomes.

The broken record repetitive thing I keep saying over and over is that all that content is 100% entirely possible without Mods.. or additional servers and Console players would appreciate the more mob & biome variety. :) 

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

they’ve still already coded all that into the game, so it’s not like it takes away development time in doing something else.. it’s literally ALREADY been developed.

That's my point!

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Maybe you CANT Build a boat and sail to an island... maybe the “Waterfall” Borders that are at the edges of the map prevents you from doing that.. but those islands CAN STILL EXIST BEYOND THOSE WATER FALL BORDERS.

GREAT idea, it makes total sense! It's a great way to have it locked behind something more than a wooden floating circle.

I kinda want to give the pig king that crafted food bugle statue and then I can engage in sort of a Mini-Game version of the Gorge.. I mean, similar to how giving pig king a championship belt lets you get smacked around by his warrior pigs for a few minutes

Its harmless fun and an extra thing to do when bored.

Archived