Clean sweeper character items

15 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

we don't need Willow's lighter to be craftable anymore

The real reason why Character-Specific items are craftable is to allow players to retrieve their Character-Specific items once they loose it (e.g. if they drop it by death and it gets destroyed by some reason), not because of skins.
The reason why Character-Specific items can be destroyed is to avoid cluttering the world with indestructable items.

What?  I'm sorry...I'm a little confused by your original post.  Why would the Clean Sweeper make Willow's lighter redundant?  All THAT would do would be to change it from the original version into the Cursed one (and vice-versa)!  Are you maybe thinking that the lighter = torch, so changing skins at any point means that any torch can BECOME the lighter?  Because no, they're different items with subtly different functionality. 

What the Clean Sweeper DOES mean, is that now you can redecorate without having to destroy and rebuild entirely.  THAT, is awesome. But it only changes the cosmetics, not the item type itself.  For example, I could use it to switch between my normal tent, my Big Top tent, and my Leaf tent, to see which one I like best...but I could NOT use the Clean Sweeper to turn the tent into a Siesta Lean-To.  (Can we get skins for that, by the way?)

I'm down with the idea of skins for Lucy, though.

...Notorious

um... What?  Why would reskinning the lighter mean we didn't need to make more?  I'm not a person who knows everything about the game, so maybe I'm wrong... but you can't refuel her lighter can you?  So if it runs out, you gotta make another...?

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

um... What?  Why would reskinning the lighter mean we didn't need to make more?  I'm not a person who knows everything about the game, so maybe I'm wrong... but you can't refuel her lighter can you?  So if it runs out, you gotta make another...?

For now you CANT but I would love it If Klei would give her the ability to refuel the lighter using Nightmare Fuel... the one item source Bernie excels the best at gathering!

Yes Crafting MORE lighters is as easy as 3 flower petal, 1 rope & 1 gold but unless I’m making extras for other players..... I would rather save my gold, grass and flower resources by having the lighter actually use Nightmare Fuel Please Klei?? <3

10 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

What?  I'm sorry...I'm a little confused by your original post.  Why would the Clean Sweeper make Willow's lighter redundant?  All THAT would do would be to change it from the original version into the Cursed one (and vice-versa)!  Are you maybe thinking that the lighter = torch, so changing skins at any point means that any torch can BECOME the lighter?  Because no, they're different items with subtly different functionality. 

I meant that the lighter should have infinite durability like in singleplayer, and we can still use the sweeper to change its skin

Also other people can take character-specific items and delog with them in inventory.

Even if KLei would make that said items are dropped from their inventory on leaving server (aside same-character picks), still will be annoying to have to look for them in Whatever-Land people taking them went to.

OP suggestion causes more problems and solves none.

Archived