Animated images issue, cannot use a gif file as profile picture.

bruhmoment23

I've been experimenting with gifs lately and decided to put one as my pfp here on forums, but this is the message i got after doing so.IMG_20200426_163823.thumb.jpg.72868aa6e0344861599d2c3fb1fcff55.jpg

Not sure if this is just because i did something bad regarding pfps, but i never had a NSFW or offensive pfp, nor do i have any warning points or restrictions applied, atleast i don't see any in my profile. Could this be a technical issue or just my account having removed that option for a certain reason that i'm not aware of. I was able to put gifs both as my profile background and pfp in the past, not sure why its not working now.

3 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

-

I checked too and I can't do it as well I had a gif as profile picture back in december and it worked. So it's not just you, though I don't think it has anything to do with the restrictions of some kind, it's rather something after forum update. I've seen some forumies who have gifs as pfp now, but they haven't changed it from before the update.

On 4/26/2020 at 9:01 PM, minespatch said:

I believe it has to do with a year or two ago when some people complained about it.

I've digged abit in the off-topic and services section, haven't found much except for somewhat of a mod that disables gifs on forums, aswell as people asking how to put a gif as their pfp, nothing similar to the message i posted in the op or im just blind and didn't notice anything. I recall gifs working even after the forum maintenance, so maybe the format got disabled now for a reason or just broke off, not sure.

Archived