Finally, my SPOM reachs 100% uptime.

Original Deisng comes from: https://www.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/9f4a7u/tip_compact_and_precise_spom/

I noticed it only reaches around 86% uptime. It's enough to operate as a SPOM but I want to push it a little bit further.

Since SPOM is a design which exists for years. I don't think I need to explain but just show the pictures. The top atmo sensor is set to 700g and bottome one is 250g. All 3 gas pumps only cost just a little (around 1%) more than  2 pumps running full time.

20200424183128_1.thumb.jpg.48b65c3edf41dfb70be28b1af290c824.jpg

20200424183143_1.thumb.jpg.5eb0b094fd8e58e6742b296bf7479089.jpg

20200424183137_1.thumb.jpg.5bd4e512928fda2579a7b6dd267226fe.jpg

20200424181111_1.thumb.jpg.040dfc6170d00b1fb189dcb9d09eb1e7.jpg

Out of curiosity, have you measured the amounts of oxygen and hydrogen this generates?  Because I remember electrolyzers can (or at least could) delete gas in certain cramped configurations.  This gas deletion bug can make an electrolyzer have a greater uptime, as less gas is produced.

31 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

Out of curiosity, have you measured the amounts of oxygen and hydrogen this generates?  Because I remember electrolyzers can (or at least could) delete gas in certain cramped configurations.  This gas deletion bug can make an electrolyzer have a greater uptime, as less gas is produced.

Here you go :

20200424233507_1.thumb.jpg.fc03864ce7a396a53d90413b94121237.jpg

53 minutes ago, Sx6944 said:

Here you go :

20200424233507_1.thumb.jpg.fc03864ce7a396a53d90413b94121237.jpg

That number doesn't mean anything in this bug unfortunately.  If the electrolyzer generates 888.8 grams of oxygen, then it gets deleted by a packet of hydrogen forming, that oxygen is still considered generated.  You would need to measure how much oxygen and hydrogen leaves the system via your pumps to be sure.

2 hours ago, Zarquan said:

Was about to say the same. I think avoiding the gas deletion mechanism is the most important, for me at least.

Not 100% uptime will cost you raw mineral and metal (more machines to get expected g/s yield)

Not 100% matter processing will cost you water and Watts (as matter is deleted, and Watts from the pumping and processing are wasted)

By the way this layout is interesting, so I'm waiting for the data about this deletion :encouragement:

So you are saying that you think that replacing the wall tile to the right of the electrolyzer with mesh is what makes the difference?  I wonder why that would be?  I mean normally the tiles above the electrolyzer are full of hydrogen, and the ones below are full of oxygen... why would having another gas tile to the right help?  As long as there is only oxygen and hydrogen in the room and they are both next to the electrolyzer, it should always have somewhere to put the gas and so shouldn't delete anything.

4 hours ago, psusi said:

So you are saying that you think that replacing the wall tile to the right of the electrolyzer with mesh is what makes the difference?

Yes. Almost 2 years ago I posted similar build on reddit: https://new.reddit.com/r/Oxygennotincluded/comments/90fkqe/maximum_performance_electrolyzer_setup/

It was based on same principle of that additional space around electrolyzer.

6 hours ago, psusi said:

shouldn't delete anything.

Agreed. By the way, it's called "gas deletion bug" by the community, so it does mean that until Klei announces this as a deliberate mechanism, it will remain a bug, meaning unwanted mechanism.

2 hours ago, Sx6944 said:

Well, I did some test. The gas deletion is real :D

Hydrogen production is around 111.8g/s in total 67.1kg

Oxygen production is aorund 750g/s in total of 450kg

Huh. At least, you get full H production ! Of course depending of the goal, but most of time people prefers O2 to be deleted, instead of H, I think ;-)

19 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Huh. At least, you get full H production ! Of course depending of the goal, but most of time people prefers O2 to be deleted, instead of H, I think ;-)

That's crazy talk, how will you ever support 200 dupes if you just delete oxygen like that?

6 minutes ago, OxCD said:

Because my dups breath Hydrogen, huh. What a question...

Tbh, all of my previous games I was struggling to deal with oxygen over production. 

I think it can be solved by having one more tile of space on the left side of electrolyser. 

Archived