Should regular fishing rods be removed now that sea rod was added?

The regular fishing rod don't stand much uses, it's just a fishing rod with durability that can only be used on pounds, and we can't use sea fishing rods on pounds, which makes them still necessary, not just for catching freshwater fishes and eels, but also the oasis hot spring stuff for antlion.
  But there's also the fact that the regular fishing rod may make it a challenge, as it has durability, making it more challenging for freshwater fishes, eels and hot spring stuff.
  Should the regular fishing rod be completely removed and sea fishing rod would be renamed to fishing rod, and would be used in pounds aswell?

fishing rod is 2 silk and 1 or 2 twigs for 9 fish, while the ocean fishing rod is 6 silk and a board for fish if you bait your rod and go find them out in the ocean. I feel like they serve different enough purposes to coexist, though i wouldn't mind the idea of the ocean fishing rod working on ponds if you bait your rod

The fishing rod that was already present from the beginning works fine as it is. They ocean fishing rod serves another purpose and that is to catch fish in open water, that tend to move around. Both items make sense and personally I think that they don't need any tweaking.

52 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

So I think both Fishing Rods will just have to exist as is, even though it doesn't make much logical sense.

It makes sense.:-)

latest?cb=20191115150359&path-prefix=ru

New Fishing Rods for big fish. There's a choice, and that's good. Сatching fish in a pond is convenient on a stick.

2 hours ago, The batting bat said:

sea rod would still have the same use of regular rod on pounds, but whitout durability
so i guess that we just could use sea rod on pounds, i don't see why shouldn't we be able to

Suddenly living near ruins became even easier with infinite fish.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind that personally since it's convenient. But when you take into account that most other tools all have durability it doesn't make sense having a fishing rod that doesn't break nor lose or need any lure. At least, when fishing out in the sea you'll lose some lures every now and then and those are time consuming to make even in the late game.

Edit2: What could be done is using a sea fishing rod in the pond require breakable lures. So you could make a choice between using twigs and silk every 10 fishes or whatever is needed to make the new breakable lures on a tackle receptacle.

No.. and there’s a fairly logical explanation for this- The Normal fishing rod would be considered as a weak non-durable fishing rod.. it’s not meant for doing anything except letting your child fish in a small pond.

The Seafishing rod is a professional grade Rapala’s Pro Fishing Tournament Rod, You use these to catch large fish out at sea & the Rod is designed to handle the larger fish and tossing and turning of your boat at sea.

The Sea rod doesn’t have a Durability because you actually need baits and tackles for it and to engage trying to catch the fish.

The much smaller Pond Fishing Rod (Which I vote gets renamed to exactly that if possible) Catches pond fish instantly without the fancy lures, baits and fish struggling, but at the cost of Rod Durability.

Hopefully this helps to clear up the differences as to why both types of Rods need to exist.

6 hours ago, Dorino03 said:

It makes sense.:-)

latest?cb=20191115150359&path-prefix=ru

New Fishing Rods for big fish. There's a choice, and that's good. Сatching fish in a pond is convenient on a stick.

It doesn't make sense. In real life, the principles of fishing in a lake are the same than fishing in the ocean. It doesn't really make sense that you could fish in different ways.

10 minutes ago, Squirrel12 said:

It doesn't make sense. In real life, the principles of fishing in a lake are the same than fishing in the ocean. It doesn't really make sense that you could fish in different ways.

It makes sense in a video game sort of way- The Sea Fishing Rod has to have tackles and baits attaches to it and you engage in activity with the fish, should you fail to catch them your baits are lost.

MEANWHILE the Pond Fishing Rod (that’s what I’m officially calling it) Allows you to instantly catch fish without any tackles or attached bait, as such.. instead of having Infinite durability this type of Rod wears down over use.

Archived