Ideas for a few new items to drop for Crab King.

Hello everyone! Recently we got announced a new boss named the Crab King, some type of giant stone Crab hiding in apparently the ruins of a castle, that has the ability to use the power of the gems to their liking, they don't however really have much of a unique drop based on what I've seen so I wanted to make a topic to see any interesting ideas others had to making the Crab Kings loot drop more interesting.

To start off, Here's a few things I made up that could be nice!

Credit goes to @Instant-Noodles for the in-game gifs (Thank you @Instant-Noodles for getting these :D)

Maybe When the King Crab dies it drops some "Castle Fragments" from the Crab Kings shell,crab_king_fix_left_1.thumb.gif.9eeabafaff1c3c8469f2fb308cc58e9f.thumb.gif.e5c77ecb0f3319ef50b493c083e81743.gif or maybe even some unattached crab limb from the arms that come out from the sea belowcrab_king_claw_idle.gif.3be91773015c33a3772ad7e19a3c242c.gif.a1123d627a5185ababc4689044c839f1.gif

So for the first item I made is the "Crustation Crown"20200418_105036.thumb.jpg.bd3dcedd411a3250f4c0f91b1bbb72c9.jpg

(or maybe a better name) would be a major good item too use after the fight. It would work extremely similar to how the crab king uses it's gem mechanic, whatever gem you have socketed in the crown would give you an buff or increase in your stats, maybe like a increase in damage or health when using a red gem for example.

A second Idea i thought could be using the castle Fragments to make castle walls for decoration and base building, they could possible be the strongest wall, or maybe they take reduce damage or something. Here was my sketch idea:20200418_105047.thumb.jpg.f4fc8e680f3829a645eb5dd75bc0ad80.jpg

My third idea was basically a shield, made from castle Fragments, that could possibly tank damage or reflect/nullify projectiles if you block with good timing. 

20200418_105051.thumb.jpg.eeed643b9660ece029c3fc6610796d30.jpg

And my final idea is my second favorite: this claw pinching thing made from the crab arms,20200418_105058.thumb.jpg.c7189afdcf4edd48de5b157372166315.jpg

The joke is that it's supposed to look like one of those grabbing toy's,  maybe the survivors could use it to grab things out of reach on sea, can be used as a long range weapon as well (maybe even using the unimplemented spear jab animation) my idea was that maybe this could be used as a heavy attack weapon potentially with the ability to pinch at opponents causing them to get stunned similar to the forge but that might be a bit too op...

Those were my ideas so far, But I'd really like to hear ideas from other people! Any suggestions you'd like to see come from the Crab King?

crab_king_cast.thumb.gif.cf966e277c2f08dfd07d81fcd65d4426.gif

8 minutes ago, Superwolfkid said:

So for the first item I made is the "Crustation Crown"20200418_105036.thumb.jpg.bd3dcedd411a3250f4c0f91b1bbb72c9.jpg

(or maybe a better name) would be a major good item too use after the fight. It would work extremely similar to how the crab king uses it's gem mechanic, whatever gem you have socketed in the crown would give you an buff or increase in your stats, maybe like a increase in damage or health when using a red gem for example.

This ! Omg yes ! It could also be a replacement for the amulets ! The gem that you put inside has a set durability and will break after a set number of uses or over time. So you could have the power of an amulet in your head slot. It would be a super nice and rewarding loot for a hard version of the fight ! After a gem breaks you can slot a new one in. Idk if the crown itself should have any defense stats or durability if it's only to mimic amulets.

I love these Ideas OP!

Maybe the helmet itself is unbreakable , but if you put it on unsocketed, it gives nothing (no sanity, no defense, nothing). But when you attach a gem it starts giving some defense (70% maybe?) And a new property/power based on the gem given.

Depending on the gem attached it will lose durability over time, or when hit. This means that lower gems that lose durability when hit will let you keep the crown on all the time without penalty, and gems that lose durability over time will let you take damage and not lose durability for it, since it will be time based.

Examples I can think of: 

Spoiler

- Blue gem will lose durability when hit, it freezes enemies that hit you, makes overheating a lot slower.

- Red gem will restore health over time (stronger effect than wearing the life amulet, lower than jellybeans. Maybe 1 hp every 2 seconds), will lose durability over time (slowly), and If you die while wearing it, it will instantly resurrect you (and break the gem)

- Purple gem loses durability when hit, has a large hp pool, stunlocks and deals electric damage to non-shadow enemies that hit you, and when shadow monsters hit you, it protects you for 95% of damage. When the gem breaks it releases a shockwave that stuns all non-shadow enemies in an area around the player, and deals 100 damage to all shadow enemies in the area.

- Yellow gem will lose durability over time, gives a big radius of light, and prevents the user from freezing.

- Green gem will lose durability when worn ( very fast), it makes all your other equipped items to lose durability by half they normally would. Like, a dark sword would normally work for 100 hits, with the green gem crown it would last 200, a hambat will spoil slower, a starcaller will let you summon more stars, etc.

- Orange gem loses durability when hit, makes you 15% faster, makes you pick up items instantly, automatically dodges some hits telepoofing you in place (random chance), if you are about to drown using it, you are instead automatically teleported to the nearest lazy deserterer (if one exists) breaking the gem.

- Opal gem will lose durability when hit, it will raise all your stats as long as you wear it and it doesnt break (more hp, more sanity, passive 3.3 sanity regen, deals 10% more damage, is resistant to fire and cold damage by 50%, makes wetness dry faster). The amount of extra HP and sanity you get should not be fixed, and depend on the character original stats, that is, characters with a larger hp pool will get less extra hp, than characters with a smaller hp pool, and the same goes for sanity. It could also make any other light source you have on more bright, like have a larger light radius.

Etc.

Archived