A LOAD of theorizing!

Alright, so when adventure mode ends Maxwell dies

SCREAMIN.png.6ad47fa2585a1f8efd55efa290afe6eb.png

but then when the Cyclum Puzzle starts, he's alive and not a demon guy.

latest?cb=20180821223001

his super black magic stuff doesn't work anymore!

I got no idea what happened for Maxwell to end up back in the constant, but I am pretty sure it happened during Charlie's rule (right? cause if he ever met up w/ Wilson it must have been after Wilson was released from the throne, by Charlie). 

image.png.266d3fa94213befb35a5809d8015870b.png

Right, and then when adventure mode ends, you return to your original world as Maxwell. (anyone else get kinda creeped out by this?)

His quote upon switching w/ Wilson, "Freedom at last!", wouldn't make sense whatsoever if he were simply put back in the cruddy wilderness he does not appear to like or even understand, right? Singleplayer or together are scattered with "Don't you recognize me?" or "Woah what's that, why would that be there?! I didn't make that!" type examinations respectively.

also, I think it's very safe to say that the game makes a lot of story exceptions for the sake of being a story, vice versa.

I'm very confident that Maxwell intended to sucker Wilson onto the throne, not only that, I think Maxwell went back to the real world and was somehow taken back to the Constant after exiting through Wilson's (might I remind you, still standing) portal. 

It would make sense, right?

I also think the other "survivors" died and came back through the portal, so I thought it might be worth mentioning that he has a survivor skin on, and that he is also shown killing clockworks in the (I believe) doorway to adventure update video.

image.thumb.png.97befb7af5f3bb196a42858b548ddfe8.png

(fun fact: strange new powers has some extremely short blurbs of letters that can be arranged to spell NOTHING SPECIAL twice, there is also a random, all lower case "bit.", I don't know if anyone else has also painstakingly found those, but I wasted my time on that yesterday)

image.png.f34c51a367366b5cdb61b2e3d82cba96.png

I ALSO want to point out that the portal was "jury rigged" and there was a blueprint Wilson found to make one. This could relate to a large range of creators between Maxwell (I REALLY doubt it) Wagstaff (I REALLY THINK IT WAS HIS) and Them or something like think (I doubt this too!).

I think this could really explain Wagstaff's role in the plot a lot more, and his obvious enthusiasm for portals. His inspection quotes hint that he DOES know a lot about how portals can be made, but not enough to create a complete one. He even makes like a dozen comments expressing his desire to communicate Maxwell, which would make sense since Maxwell's knowledge is what helped Wilson get the portal truly working. I also would like to mention that there is a VERY GOOD CHANCE that Wagstaff entered the consant before Wilson.

And side note, Webber too, since Wilson literally finds his skull and digs him a grave in RoG, because he deserved a "proper funeral". (if Webber is even canon but... cmon.) I also think Wolfgang was teleported before Wilson too, but sort of a hunch. 

Wes too, (duuh) I don't even think he is canon though, or he doesn't play a notable role in the story.

I think the characters that will relate to the story we might get more knowledge about will be:

Mactusk (others have said he MIGHT be Maxwell's old boss, or other people he knows.)

Woodie (haha probably not actually but he has a missing poster in Next of Kin so I guess maybe?)

Wickerbottom (New York Library burned down in Next of Kin newspaper, plus rework stuff.)

There are a few things that throw this stuff off, inspections for Maxwell on ghosts, skeletons, pipspooks (also wanted to mention, those three words "I'm so sorry." could make me cry.) but that could be another mystery entirely. Just how many people have been brought over?

I also think that time is messed up a lot when it comes to what year/day someone came to the Constant, so I am ignoring Winona's entrance compared to Wagstaff's entrance, or maybe return? I don't know. Please share some more thoughts!

image.png

Side note on the Wagstaff thing, it also helps that Wagstaff might have been added to highlight his existence beyond an extremely old 'on the fly announcement' a lot of us haven't seen. 

while i dont have a lot of comment on the lore speculation due to lack of braincells,

regarding this from you "I also would like to mention that there is a VERY GOOD CHANCE that Wagstaff entered the consant before Wilson."

wagstaff DID make a portal, so yes he did! the same one winona fixed in her short.

confirmation here: https://jeffagala.tumblr.com/post/615031573046296576/winona-tries-to-save-wagstaff-from-being-sucked

5 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

"Why did I just lose 3 feet off my height?".

^^ so true, i mean it was probably done for the sole purpose of him becoming a playable character, but i too would be surprised if from being a giant i suddenly turned into a midget

2 hours ago, Blunderbuss said:

(fun fact: strange new powers has some extremely short blurbs of letters that can be arranged to spell NOTHING SPECIAL twice, there is also a random, all lower case "bit.", I don't know if anyone else has also painstakingly found those, but I wasted my time on that yesterday)

It's probably a bit.ly link to some little tidbit of lore and/or picture.

I've always found it curious why Wagstaff was patched into DS as a playable character from the start that does not need any experience to unlock. Wilson is supposed to be the OG character you play as, but that's technically no longer the case because of Wagstaff. Not even mentioning the idea that he might not even be real in the Constant because of his voice changing when he gets lower and lower in health.

2 hours ago, ButterStuffed said:

It's probably a bit.ly link to some little tidbit of lore and/or picture.

Fair enough, I just don't know why there was only one segment in the trailer, whatever it is, I'm sure it's been found before.

and, about Maxwell's height, pretty sure it's just a stylistic thing /:

4 hours ago, Blunderbuss said:

I'm very confident that Maxwell intended to sucker Wilson onto the throne, not only that, I think Maxwell went back to the real world and was somehow taken back to the Constant after exiting through Wilson's (might I remind you, still standing) portal. 

I forgot to mention this but Maxwell's portrait photo has (pretty much) the same chair as Wilson's chair, in his house.

Maxwell/Character | Don't Starve game Wiki | FANDOM ...image.png.72c7fda00aab283a52a72937c33ef6cd.pngimage.png.95c0fb38e744438243e191fbf0909347.png

image.png

but also, I wonder what that link was

Oh, I figured it out, actually, I was wondering what the weird symbols were that didn't look like letters were.

It's just bit.ly//NOTHINGSPECIAL, and it leads here:

http://www.dontstarvegame.com/science/mdocs/3/hard-times.html

If only I did this like a decade ago...

4 hours ago, Blueleaf12 said:

I've always found it curious why Wagstaff was patched into DS as a playable character from the start that does not need any experience to unlock. Wilson is supposed to be the OG character you play as, but that's technically no longer the case because of Wagstaff. Not even mentioning the idea that he might not even be real in the Constant because of his voice changing when he gets lower and lower in health.

Swagstaff  might not even be in the constant, it may as well be a "projection" of himself.

Archived