The correct use of Pip

29 minutes ago, psusi said:

My understanding of "fertilizer" is that it is not limited to liquids, but anything that a plant requires to be grown domestically.

Yep. But the original poster specifically said that this doesn't use solid fertilizer which is accurate. So it saves us bleach stone, dirt, phosporite, slime, etc. Why? Who knows. Probably something legacy still sitting around in the database from the agriculture update. 

I wonder if you can use the farm station's micro nutrients... 

29 minutes ago, psusi said:

Oh weird!  So you are saying that after then wheezewort change, when I still had some in flower pots I could have used "copy settings" to plant more, even though you can't click on a new flower pot and choose to plant wheezeworts?  Interesting...

Most likely though I don't have a save file from then to try it. 

6 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Yep. But the original poster specifically said that this doesn't use solid fertilizer which is accurate. So it saves us bleach stone, dirt, phosporite, slime, etc. Why? Who knows. Probably something legacy still sitting around in the database from the agriculture update. 

My understanding was that this trick does not require *any* of the fertlizrer required to domesticate a plant, not just solid ones. but rather it is a trick to grow a plant in a domestic condition, but in a decorative planter that does not require any of the domestic fetrtilizer, but rather allows the plant to grow for free, as if it were wild, but still producing 4x the output as if it were grown  domestically, but without the required input normally required for such a boost.

56 minutes ago, psusi said:

My understanding was that this trick does not require *any* of the fertlizrer required to domesticate a plant, not just solid ones. but rather it is a trick to grow a plant in a domestic condition, but in a decorative planter that does not require any of the domestic fetrtilizer, but rather allows the plant to grow for free, as if it were wild, but still producing 4x the output as if it were grown  domestically, but without the required input normally required for such a boost.

That's what I thought at first too and was disappointed that it didn't work when I tried growing Oxyferns. Then I reread the original post, caught the part where the OP said that plants not need solid fertilizer, went back and checked the Oxyferns and saw that they only used water, not dirt, and figured it out. 

I view this as a quality of life exploit (like using liquids to trick gas vents into going overpressure, it just saves me room in doing something that can be done another way) and have no issues abusing it while it lasts. 

I remember a long time ago someone being extremely butt hurt over some stuff they were pointing out and not having it get instantly addressed and getting real worked up.  Might have been related.

Anyway this is real clever.  I imagine it was found on accident?

Archived