Biggest wish item for update - fix summer!

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Is there ways they can make the Antlion way more interesting and catlike?

If the lazy deserter and desert stones had any use then at least interacting with it rather than just hambatting it to death wouldn't be a waste of time and resources. That would be a decent start.

9 hours ago, Confused Rock said:

So like frog rain Kelloggs? 

Yeah I had that thought as well and it does have a boring effective counterplay option. I think whether it stays similar to now or adapts a more storm effect, the change really should focus it rapidly smoldering the wildnerness and leave your base only vulnerable due to carelessness. Regardless, it would be all a lot more meaningful when there is content top side that makes you want to stay up there so that caves and oasis are still viable, but not what you would optimally wish to do all summer.

I asked myself if summer really is flawed if it's been the same for so many years, but I do see one difference. in singleplayer don't starve you can always find gears at the wooden thing. plenty for a flingomatic or two. In multiplayer don't starve you can always find gears if you assemble one of the marble statues and wait until a full or new moon, which is... significantly harder, to say the least. It's important to take into account the few differences between singleplayer and multiplayer- I just realised that the reason why the wilds only have blue mushrooms growing is because originally the ruins were eternally night.

I don't like the RNG nature of wildfires, I think they should be REALLY predictable and spawn near you. If you are unlucky enough to despawn your flingomatic (by going away from it) and have a wildfire spawn in your base while it is out of your screen, even if that part of your base is within flingo range the flingo won't do anything since its despawned and the base will go up in flames and may be burnt by the time you go back. I suggested some time ago an item to force rain to happen for a good period of time (10 ~ 20 days) but that would just be a way to "remove" summer. Nothing that you can't already do to spring or winter though.

3 hours ago, Pruinae said:

If you are unlucky enough to despawn your flingomatic (by going away from it) and have a wildfire spawn in your base while it is out of your screen, even if that part of your base is within flingo range the flingo won't do anything since its despawned and the base will go up in flames and may be burnt by the time you go back.

That is PRECISELY what happened to me earlier this year!  I was apparently _just_ in/out of range enough, and came back to find my lovely cherry tree grove _and UNREBUILDABLE Year of the Carrat Shrine_ as charcoal.  Since those were mostly just decorative and it was ridiculous that something burned _right_ before I was about to BUILD a freaking fling-o!,  I rolled back. : P

(I know you can put your server on whatever holiday mode you want but...doesn't that have to be done at world-gen? You can't just turn it on and off on an existing world (unless you know coding? which I don't).  So...)

...Notorious

51 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

(I know you can put your server on whatever holiday mode you want but...doesn't that have to be done at world-gen? You can't just turn it on and off on an existing world (unless you know coding? which I don't).  So...)

...Notorious

I think if you’re on PC there is a mod with a name I can’t remember that let’s you toggle holiday events at will. 2% chance I’m just crazy but I remember seeing someone use something of the sorts.

Huh.  I should look that up, then.  However, I also kinda just like the holiday events to happen when they actually happen in the real year, because otherwise it feels a bit less special.  Also I strongly associate each holiday with a specific season--since I'm not from Australia, a hot sunny Christmas would feel weird, and Halloween doesn't work so well without the sun going down earlier and the trees going bare.

But that could just be me.  I love the heck out of seasons.  How each one has its own atmosphere, look, feel, foods, activities and traditions that are associated with it...

(Did I mean in the game or in real life?  Yes.  :))

...Notorious

32 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Huh.  I should look that up, then.  However, I also kinda just like the holiday events to happen when they actually happen in the real year, because otherwise it feels a bit less special.  Also I strongly associate each holiday with a specific season--since I'm not from Australia, a hot sunny Christmas would feel weird, and Halloween doesn't work so well without the sun going down earlier and the trees going bare.

But that could just be me.  I love the heck out of seasons.  How each one has its own atmosphere, look, feel, foods, activities and traditions that are associated with it...

(Did I mean in the game or in real life?  Yes.  :))

...Notorious

I would love to see Hallowed Nights changed, Constant full moons.. maybe Woodie can have Immunity to random Were-Transformations due to how broken such a crazy request would be on him...

BUT... I just strongly feel that a Holiday based on things that go Bump in the Night should be Dominated by Ghosts & Werepigs (Which Sadly Only really Spawn and roam around when full moons happen :()

I saw a super cool Halloween Mod someone had made... Why can’t we get THAT as official game Content?

An actual Haunted House! With flying Witches, spooky ghosts, Spiders and all things Halloween.

416AC1A6-6556-425C-BA9C-E134309D0AE0.gif

Ooh!  I should get that!  Although to make a set-piece like that pre-generate, it'd probably need a new world.  Fun (?) fact:  My current main world started during Hallowed Nights, 2019.

deathwillowandthefloof.png.8b8db23947ccc0f97f522f0a7c252302.png

As seen here, showin' off my (at the time) brand spankin' new scythe pickaxe and black cat.  :)  (Yep. That's Charmander.That's the same kitty as in all those other pictures on the Screenshot Showcase thread.)  Death Willow and the Floof!

ANYway, my point is I guess "look how much more atmospheric Halloween is when there's not all that inconvenient sunlight around".  : P

Any ANYway, back to fixing summer:  I'm all for a coyote mob. That'd be cool.

...Notorious

Archived