Question about dupes in atmo suits

Hello! I am about to build my core base and for various reasons I'd like to build it so that the only place my dupes will not be in atmo suits is their beds.
Before entering this endeavour and finding out half way that something doesn't work I'd like to make sure: can dupe eat and go to the bathroom with suits on? What about showering and other recreational activities? Is there anything that cannot be done in atmo suits or is there any reason why I shouldn't do this?
From what I've gathered around there should be no problems, I just wanted to make sure!
Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Just remember suits need to be recharged, so be sure to manage the dupe time suited up

The suit holds up to 75kg of O2, which means that a fully loaded suit lasts 750s, more then a cycle, before needing recharge, correct? So as long as they recharge during sleep, they will last the whole next day right?

9 minutes ago, lee1026 said:

Dupes can do anything with suits on, including sleeping. 

Great! So they go normally to the bathroom and also wash hands?

Just now, suxkar said:

The suit holds up to 75kg of O2, which means that a fully loaded suit lasts 750s, more then a cycle, before needing recharge, correct? So as long as they recharge during sleep, they will last the whole next day right?

correct, and recharge time is short

One thing you can try is placing the docks by the bathroom, the time it takes dupes to pee and wash hands should be enough time to bring a suit to full charge

^this is just an example, there are many creative ways to get the recharge time in if your goal is to keep dupes in atmo suits for as long as possible

PRO TIP: Atmo suits that are filled with slimelung infected O2 won't infect the dupes who wear them

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Actually, no. They cannot pee on the floor! They can pee though ;)

You mean that when they soil the suit, the PW is released when they get the suit off or is there something else I should know about? :D

21 minutes ago, suxkar said:

You mean that when they soil the suit, the PW is released when they get the suit off or is there something else I should know about? :D

Correct. So if you put a mesh tile under the suit checkpoint, you can control where the polluted water goes. (I have a bad habit of getting my dupes stuck and not noticing until the "Had an accident" warning.) 

34 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Correct. So if you put a mesh tile under the suit checkpoint, you can control where the polluted water goes. (I have a bad habit of getting my dupes stuck and not noticing until the "Had an accident" warning.)

Perfect, thanks everyone for the tips!

On the note of sleeping in suits, if you build a row of suits with checkpoints on both sides, the row will become a suit swap point, where the dupe will unsuit on one end and suit up with a different recharged suit on the other. 

You do need to worry about this row not scalding dupes and don’t pop their eardrums, but the area no longer needs to be oxygen. I did a run where the suit swapping area is chlorine on the entrance into the great hall, and it was extremely effective in making sure that germs are just not a thing to worry about. 

Archived