Forged Forge: what do new characters do and how should they be used?

Last night I tried to use Warly in the Forge: unfortunately I did not understand how he was used, and in the end I kept beating with the hammer for the whole run. What are the chef's hat and crock pot for? What does Wormwood? And all the others new characters?

23 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Last night I tried to use Warly in the Forge: unfortunately I did not understand how he was used, and in the end I kept beating with the hammer for the whole run. What are the chef's hat and crock pot for? What does Wormwood? And all the others new characters?

they are not included in the forge since this event never comes again before these characters arrive dst

is work for the authors of that mod to include perks to the new characters 

Spoiler

Warly with spatula can summon crockpot and cook in it dish with special buffs. Chef hat allow you to cook dish faster.

Wormwood has pssive blooming - it makes you faster(?) and maybe something more I'm not sure.

Wortox has passive soul drain. So he can slowly recovering HP while fighting.

Wurt can set wet debuff on enemies by hit them or by taking dmg from them. Probably wet enemies can get bigger dmg from electric attack.

Basically I wrote same things like are in character menu under big portrait :D

Warly is great healer and supporter. With his abillity to healing 10% more and with option to cook boosting dish.

2 hours ago, Pop Guy said:

As far as I know, Forged Forge is not supported by developers. Instead, they made ReForge. There are new characters and a description for their abilities.

In my opnion, DLC characters such as Wortox, Wormwood and Wurt - have no need in traveling to Forge/Gorge. The original survivors trying to escape Constant to get back home, but these DLC characters just dont fit. However, they still have quotes for items and stuff from Forge and Gorge

Wortox is just "playing" in constant with others.

Wurt have plans for merm-folk to make them great (?), I don`t think she would leave her home and other merms

Womrwood is literally alien from moon, is he really need to go with original survivors?

Warly's chef's hat let's him place down his crock pot and move away from it without it going away. His crock pot shoots out burgers after some time passed and gives nearby players a small amount of hp, regen, and a dmg boost. Warly also has a 10% healing boost which is good for when you want him to use the staff. 

Warly, imo, isn't good. his cookware forces you and everyone else to standstill to get it's buffs, force an eating animation (which makes tanking much more awful) and isn't good enough to justify to pick him and not using the other tank equipment. He's pkay as a healer, but most people rather prefer to have Wicker doing that.

Wormwood's perk is that he can run faster the longer he doesn't get hit. His speed mod get's reset each time he get's hit. Worm isn't anything special at first glance, but both of his darts give him decent followers (the dart he spawns with summons a mobile plant and the one he gets later summons a stationary one with a aggro grabbing attack; both of which can be upgraded with the whispering armor);.

Worm is Great with wig, because his 2nd dart shoots out three darts at a time (kinda like a shotgun). This cause wig to proc her perk much more quickly if she hit's the mob with all three darts. Worm usually gives this dart to whoever is dpsing because of how insane the dps on it is (can go up to 60 dmg per shot). Worm can also use staffs.

Wortox is played as a dps and as a tank. He heals allies near him when he deals enough dmg. The weapon he spawns with let's him, and other survivors, soul hop around the arena at the cost of some hp. He can use the soul hop to i-frame but it's to hard to get the timing just right. he has 150 hp, so he has a harder time with tanking than other characters like Winona or Wolf. He also has a personal weapon later on; the gauntlets. they're literally just a off-brand pike so you're not missing much if you don't want to use it. 

Wurt can use every weapon, including the books. Last time I played her, her reading animation is so slow that you're better off using any other weapon. She makes mobs bogged when they hit her, slowing them down and making them more vulnerable to electric. The weapon she gets later in the game is a melee weapon that can summon merms that can be boosted by the Whispering armor. Wurt is usable, but she's not favored in most roles as they are better picks in each role. She's honestly more of a Jill-of-all trades than Winona. Just please don't let her use the books.

Also: Wendy got a major buff that makes her just as good, if not better, than Webber. Abby can deal a def down mod on all mobs she hits that last for for some time. 

Feel free to ask me or any of the modders who made Forged Forge for any other questions. 

2 hours ago, Superlucas1231 said:

[...]

Thank you very much for the explanation, it is extremely clear and precise! I have read the cards of all the new characters very carefully, I think that this night I will amuse  trying them all by focusing on their sides of strength; Wormwood in particular attracts me, as you described it, it looks like a beast!
I am also very happy that Wendy has been enhanced, I was sorry to always have to discard her because sub-optimal. If I can afford a thought, Wes should also be slightly improved to make he a real alternative to Woodie. Anyway, still compliments for the splendid work you have done, you are giving me tens of hours of fun on the Forge, thanks again!! :wilson_love:

Thank you very much for the explanation, it is extremely clear and precise! I have read the cards of all the new characters very carefully, I think that this night I will amuse  trying them all by focusing on their sides of strength; Wormwood in particular attracts me, as you described it, it looks like a beast!
I am also very happy that Wendy has been enhanced, I was sorry to always have to discard her because sub-optimal. If I can afford a thought, Wes should also be slightly improved to make he a real alternative to Woodie. Anyway, still compliments for the splendid work you have done, you are giving me tens of hours of fun on the Forge, thanks again!! :wilson_love:

Glad that I could answer your question!

Also I'm not one of the moders of Forged Forge I just like to play it a lot with the people who contributed with it sorry for the confusion

Archived