Wendy's Lore.

Well, i noticed some lore topics around but i feel kinda lost looking at'em.

I'll leave here some infomations and i'd love if someone that know of information or things that connect to them could explain here each one of them.

First: Wendy Cinematic (wish you were here)

If you skip to the 0:45 time of the video, you can see that when she falls, Abigail makes noise from cars, claiming that a car crash caused the tragedy.

Second: Abigail's name.

As we can see in the image, Abigail is called Abigail Lillian Carter.

5e76fd0a3d70c_Screenshot_20200322-0227222.thumb.png.d2bea69513c167fc097dc7155304861a.png

Third: Probably Wendy's Diary? Leaving a note about Abigail.

5e76fd8d68f01_Screenshot_20200322-0226372.thumb.png.06b998f1cebd7858701e77d418429d44.png

Fourth: I'll leave the rest of the images here, but the questions remain: Who are these? Who is the man on the poster? Who used the book of spiritualism? Who does this room belong to? And please, someone answer who is that mustache Maxwell.

5e76fe60c6b41_Screenshot_20200322-0227222.thumb.png.6d0760e48581ad6c4ae5704bdb297b0e.png

5e76fe68e9fd7_Screenshot_20200322-0227142.thumb.png.5be77613320d3c67eaec3cfccc67d3de.png

5e76fe708d4ff_Screenshot_20200322-0227042.thumb.png.c0f3b3a9f497f30ba9ffe3eea8af2d6e.png

Screenshot_20200322-025945.thumb.png.88f49b3b13a794acf3b79592932fca74.png

Tell me everything you guys know about and use this space to also theorize, if possible!

Mustache Maxwell ? He's his brother, Jack Carter, Wendy and Abigail's father.

The papers, for me, are jus here to explain that Wendy tried to contact her died sister. First, she writed her feelings in her diary (she felt her sister around), she reed a book about spiritism, then she tried spiritism. Finaly she contacts Mourire and reached to talk with her sister.

Wish you were here : is a reference to a great Pink Floyd song :) .

From my point of  view, Wendy is already alone, the flower falls near her or wendy called her ( 0:01). but pay attention at 0:03 the flower sticks literally in the same spot before abigail appears. wendy for some reason is also studying flowers.

and that's how wendy sees her because of their bond. "I'm not done playing with you again". The uncle comes and she realizes ... once again.
So we still don't know how abigail died. The short it's the constantly never ending struggle of feeling happy with her sister like when she was alive but it's constantly reminded about reality. that their relationship it's only visible to wendy , that it never will be the same. 

Personally... i feel like it's just the vocal instrument used, not the car accident. It's way too easy to assume if it was that. Like just look at where they live and the date, isn't a modern city , where car accidents are more common. 

What if the whole mourire reunion was a scam made by Maxwell to trap Wendy? Or if time travel is ruled out, by whoever was in the throne back in 1914.

The song over and over reminds me of ragtime, the song used by THEM to torture and induce madness on King Maxwell while he was stuck on the throne.

0:20 and 1:20 also shows how kids imagination works. when playing with abigail, she is in her own world. 
when she has to return to reality everything becomes ugly ( You can call this not only the fact abi is death, but also responsibilities and own life, she enjoys being a kid but had to mature faster due to abigail's death, so her childhood was broken). There wasn't an animation to show a timeskip, it was done at the same moment they were playing till she gets called.

7 hours ago, Nino123 said:

Mustache Maxwell ? He's his brother, Jack Carter, Wendy and Abigail's father.

The papers, for me, are jus here to explain that Wendy tried to contact her died sister. First, she writed her feelings in her diary (she felt her sister around), she reed a book about spiritism, then she tried spiritism. Finaly she contacts Mourire and reached to talk with her sister.

Wish you were here : is a reference to a great Pink Floyd song :) .

It seems well interpreted to me, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

1 hour ago, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

From my point of  view, Wendy is already alone, the flower falls near her or wendy called her ( 0:01). but pay attention at 0:03 the flower sticks literally in the same spot before abigail appears. wendy for some reason is also studying flowers.

and that's how wendy sees her because of their bond. "I'm not done playing with you again". The uncle comes and she realizes ... once again.
So we still don't know how abigail died. The short it's the constantly never ending struggle of feeling happy with her sister like when she was alive but it's constantly reminded about reality. that their relationship it's only visible to wendy , that it never will be the same. 

Personally... i feel like it's just the vocal instrument used, not the car accident. It's way too easy to assume if it was that. Like just look at where they live and the date, isn't a modern city , where car accidents are more common. 

Wow, the flower doesn't really seem like a coincidence. Very well noticed!

Well, it seems to me a very strange instrument xD. Yeah, you may not be wrong, but I still prefer to believe that the noise is a car. It seems like a good attempt to hide the real reason for Abigail's death using the sound during the fall.. Even though car accidents are not common, they are not impossible.

Thanks for the contribution of your idea!

1 hour ago, ShyRo-Zyerenzy said:

0:20 and 1:20 also shows how kids imagination works. when playing with abigail, she is in her own world. 
when she has to return to reality everything becomes ugly ( You can call this not only the fact abi is death, but also responsibilities and own life, she enjoys being a kid but had to mature faster due to abigail's death, so her childhood was broken). There wasn't an animation to show a timeskip, it was done at the same moment they were playing till she gets called.

Yeah, that fact of her life is really sad, really. Thank you for your participation.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The song over and over reminds me of ragtime, the song used by THEM to torture and induce madness on King Maxwell while he was stuck on the throne 

It's a pretty melancholy song, indeed, but I personally don't see it that way, still, well thought.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

What if the whole mourire reunion was a scam made by Maxwell to trap Wendy? Or if time travel is ruled out, by whoever was in the throne back in 1914.

It is an interesting way of thinking about the situation :D We can only wait for more lore from Klei.

Dude, I have no idea why my replies keep merging, but thanks for all your participation so far!

8 hours ago, minespatch said:

Mourire, the man on the poster, might replace Charlie. Just a hunch.

Who knows? Thank you for your participation ;)

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

He doesn't look like Maxwell though. His chin is too triangular compared to the squared head Maxwell has.

image.png.1e21dc79e5357369276526559f4b898b.png5df8393152636_transparentdepressionwell.png.6c8314cd979000ad8c2fee33bcd95000.png

I originally presumed Mourire to be Woodie at first glance but this guy is way more angular.

It doesn't make sense to me that she supposedly died of a car crash, that would make the video poor story-telling. I think it was just her screaming while falling to her death beyond the cliff (keep in mind that voices are played by instruments that are occasionally distorded, like when a character gets hit for example). What I get from the video is that Wendy is recalling her sister's death, while imagining a world where the fall didn't cost Abigail her life as a coping mechanism. As for Professor Mourire, I wonder if he's actually relevant to the plot, but "mourir" means "dying" in French.

Archived