Is abigail supposed to be the better against crowd unlike single target?

One of the changes was put as "Abigail's damage is affected by the number of enemies she is fighting, allowing her to be effective against a single enemy but at her best when fighting a crowd"

Am I understanding this correctly that she is good vs one enemy, but wheh it comes to fighting crowds she is the best?

I noticed that in game she does more damage when killing single enemy, but 40% less when fighting two or more enemies. 

So I posted a bug but klei closed it as not a bug and responded with with "Abigail does more damage when she focuses on a single target."

So I don't know. Am I bad at english or being the best against crowds means doing less damage? 

Unless being the best against crowds translates to like more armor or something that i didn't notice yet? 

Its all confusing to me 

21 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Klei explain this a little bad. Abigail its good to fight single enemies because her damage splits if there is more than one so she will do less damage but, even with reduced damage, still being better to kill 38t94 spiders than 1 beffalo

Her damage doesn't "split". She just gets a flat -8 dmg/sec when fighting two or more enemies.

UPDATE:

Abigail has a new perk that I've only seen one person bring up so far and is not mentioned in the patch notes. When hit by an attack, she gets a forcefield that blocks all attacks for a split second. The forcefield is completely useless against bosses, of course, but *theoretically* it allows her to tank crowds of enemies, thereby making her more suited for fighting crowds.

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

UPDATE:

Abigail has a new perk that I've only seen one person bring up so far and is not mentioned in the patch notes. When hit by an attack, she gets a forcefield that blocks all attacks for a split second. The forcefield is completely useless against bosses, of course, but *theoretically* it allows her to tank crowds of enemies, thereby making her more suited for fighting crowds.

This is the defense potion perk if I recall correctly.

Archived