The sleerper has awoken

Hey everyone, remember me? I'm the guy that made this monstrosity back in the day...

Spoiler

the_sleeper_has_awoken.thumb.png.0d0ec51dbf00a49856f78b903f25c13f.png

Soooo... yeah. The developers made their mateing call with this update, and you bet your sweet bottom i'm going to heed it.

Bad news is i propably will start from the beggining and i still haven't gotten a decent pc so this might take forever.

But get hyped. We're going to write history here. I'll update you on the progress.

Progress so far:

ALU is 76.66% finished and i have to say... Ribbons man, they save soooo much space it's ridiculous.

Here, have a sneak peek:

ALU.thumb.png.f15c98d172c7c60fc2d3dc87f3f9144f.png

You know what i'm thinking? Hell yeah, MULTICORE. 

But let's not go that far yet.

TBD bitshifting and ill upload the map in another post, along with detailed explanation of my design choices. But i believe that in this update, computing will be VERY much viable and (maybe) useful in a survival game. All hail Klei.

8 hours ago, Arnadath said:

Progress so far:

ALU is 76.66% finished and i have to say... Ribbons man, they save soooo much space it's ridiculous.

Here, have a sneak peek:

ALU.thumb.png.f15c98d172c7c60fc2d3dc87f3f9144f.png

You know what i'm thinking? Hell yeah, MULTICORE. 

But let's not go that far yet.

TBD bitshifting and ill upload the map in another post, along with detailed explanation of my design choices. But i believe that in this update, computing will be VERY much viable and (maybe) useful in a survival game. All hail Klei.

With a little effort the bottom part could probably be reduced to a fraction of the size but otherwise good work.

3 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

With a little effort the bottom part could probably be reduced to a fraction of the size but otherwise good work.

I know what you mean. But it's a deliberate design choice to make it faster.

And also thank you.

I'm a bit stoopid with this sort of things, but you talked about using liquid pipes for storing data, since we now have power sensor and solid element sensor, we could theorically encode 4 bits of information on a single tile, creating a second automation ribbon, no ?

Of course that's theorically plus it would increase complexity by a whole lot and i'm probably wrong about it, but I'm just dropping what I thought.

On 14/3/2020 at 12:24 PM, davawen said:

I'm a bit stoopid with this sort of things, but you talked about using liquid pipes for storing data, since we now have power sensor and solid element sensor, we could theorically encode 4 bits of information on a single tile, creating a second automation ribbon, no ?

Of course that's theorically plus it would increase complexity by a whole lot and i'm probably wrong about it, but I'm just dropping what I thought.

Kind of... The idea with liquid and gas pipes, is that you can encode discreet bits this way (i.e using water as 1 and oil as 0). This can now expand with solids. But electricity doesn;t come in this discreet form. The wattage along a power line is equal in all it's parts. I still plan on experimenting with this as a serial kind of memory but i'm rebuilding the whole thing from the start. Speaking of which i finished the ALU and i'll upload it here for anyone kind enough to help with bug fixing/testing. Await my next post which will be coming soon

Archived