[Poll] On Singleplayer Characters Being Added To DST

UPPER TEXT  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Would you wish for singleplayer characters to be added to DST?

2. 2. If yes, why so?

• They are my favorite character.
    • They would be a nice addition to the multiplayer environment.
    • They would complement the lore greatly.
    • They're just really cool and adding them would draw the playerbase's attention and adulation.
    • Adding them would draw in new players to both DS Alone and DST.
    • Adding them would bring nice new changes to their playstyle fitting DST's environment.
    • Other (do list in the comments!)
    • I answered no!
    • I answered Undecided!
  3. 3. If yes, who among them?

4. 4. If no, why so?

• They've monolithic playstyles suiting Singleplayer more than DST.
    • Their perks are too overpowered and require extensive retooling for multiplayer play.
    • Their perks are too underpowered and require extensive retooling to be viable for multiplayer play.
    • Adding them would severely weaken DS alone's playerbase and kill sales.
    • Adding them might cause a Woodie Rework Effect.
    • They have little to contribute to the lore.
    • Adding them would draw attention away from existing characters.
    • They cost too much time and resources which could be better spent on other pursuits.
    • Other (Do explain in the comments!)
    • I answered yes!
    • I answered undecided!

1 hour ago, higor12101 said:

well wortox said he "hopped" ancient gateaway maybe a long time ago krampus klaus and wortox are not from the constant but can acess it somehow i guess since klaus has his weird powers and krampus always come when we do nautghy things even thougth the portal is broken

their sack its the portal i guess, they use it to disseapear 

On 29/02/2020 at 4:46 PM, bruhmoment23 said:

If im correct, Maxwell created most of constants animals and monsters, including clockworks. The only monsters roaming the constant that weren't created by Maxwell are Shadow Creatures, Merms and Depth Worms, also the area known as the ruins. About Wortox, Wormwood, Wilba and Wurt, they might originate from Constant itself but it hasnt been confirmed. Small side note about DST, since nightmare throne is occupied by Charlie its possible that some creatures were created by her aswell ( Toadstool,Bee Queen) but im not entirely sure about that.

well maxwell did not create teh  slurts

On 2/27/2020 at 4:40 AM, Mike23Ua said:

The TL:DR- Yes they need to be in the game both for Lore and for those who would enjoy playing as that character.

They don't have to be in here for ANY reason. Would be nice tho. as it stands tho not all the characters fit. Woodlegs is a prime example of that. No X marks the spot style loot and single character boats. Once more of the game comes out but that might change tho. 

1 hour ago, Rma209 said:

They don't have to be in here for ANY reason. Would be nice tho. as it stands tho not all the characters fit. Woodlegs is a prime example of that. No X marks the spot style loot and single character boats. Once more of the game comes out but that might change tho. 

Yeah about that.. I kinda would prefer Shipwrecked style sand piles or dirt mounds with treasures buried in them. For X marks the spot loot.

The Treasures can be found without Woodlegs perks by blind luck, but He would have the highest chances of uncovering them because he’s a pirate!

As far as the Solo boat thing goes- It’s going to have to be in DST at some point, even if it’s tied exclusively just to Walani Surfboards.

But even that.. I don’t really see as being Broken or Absurdly Over-Powered, Because it would be roughly the same thing as Woodie Weregoose form except- Surfboards Don’t move nowhere near as fast.. and cant be ridin over Land.

Walani would be able to pick up stuff in the water where as Weregoose can not but outside of that i just can’t see “Surfboards” being as broken or OP as some people tend to see it. 

Now having said that- I imagine that Woodlegs in DST would obviously be in line for a complete overhaul, He would still be Woodlegs.. a Pirate Captain, But I don’t think he will have his own Absurdly Overpowered ship.

What I COULD Maybe see him getting in a Rework though is Unique to Woodlegs Craftable boat kit items.. such as just for example- a Crows Nest attachment to the Mast. Which allows people to stand in the bucket above a boat and therefore allow more items to be placed below.

Or Captains Wheel that replaces the regular boat kit wheel & when paired with wearing his Pirate Hat will allow for better boat handling.

Of course- Non- Woodlegs Characters would need to be able to craft some form of structure for better boat handling such as motorized oars or something.. but Woodlegs would be able to more easily do it.

Pirate Cannons.. the dude must defiantly come with Pirate cannons! 

(Idk How they would balance that but I’m sure they’ll think of something.)

Maybe other players can craft some regular weaker cannons, but Pirate version has 5% more damage and a tad more durability?

—————————————

The TL:DR I also don’t see DST Woodlegs being as broken as people think he will be.. as long as instead of his own solo-use OP as all hell ship, he instead got a few Boat Cookie craftable upgrades EVERYONE can share Together in DST.

—————————————

I would HOPE that Klei would wait to add Woodlegs to DST until September 19th 2020, Or better known as National Pirates Day. And I hope that IF he arrives on that particular Day they also release a full set of Pirate skins not just for Woodlegs, but for all playable characters, and perhaps a few Belonging items too.. Like:

Pirates Cutlass Supreme Sword- Reskins Spear.

Jolly Rogers Pirate Flag- Reskins Mast.

Bandana with One Eye-patch- Reskins Straw Hat.

Pirate Captains Hat- Reskins Top Hat.

And Lastly A “Filled to The Brimming” Treasure Chest- Reskins the Storage Chest to look like a Pirates treasure, the lid is always half-opened & instead of appearing Empty.. it’s crammed with a mountain pile of Golden Doubloons. 

Yes Klei.. I literally just named a Storage Box Skin after the final achievement players can unlock in your game. :D 

46 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

As far as the Solo boat thing goes- It’s going to have to be in DST at some point, even if it’s tied exclusively just to Walani Surfboards. 

As its there game they can make it any way they want. Look at Woody as an example. Not all players are 100% with where that ended up, but its what we get. They don't HAVE to do anything. No mater how much we want it. Tho I think a smaller 3 man boat option would be nice myself. We have to remember a single character boat breaks the together focus. The game IS called "Don't Starve Together" after all.

3 minutes ago, Rma209 said:

As its there game they can make it any way they want. Look at Woody as an example. Not all players are 100% with where that ended up, but its what we get. They don't HAVE to do anything. No mater how much we want it. Tho I think a smaller 3 man boat option would be nice myself. We have to remember a single character boat breaks the together focus. The game IS called "Don't Starve Together" after all.

In my head I picture Shipwrecked being updated to support two people per boat.. That adds SOME degree of Together gameplay to an otherwise single player boat. How exactly it would work.. I don’t know.  

But yes I would love if the smaller boats could be attached to the boat Cookie (think Giant cruise ship & escape boats) You could use them for exploring narrow streams that the boat Cookie won’t fit in (yes I’ve had the misfortune of having world gen hate me that much..) but utimately they wouldn’t be fully functional boat.. boats, I picture something similar to Rowing Canoes I guess?

As much as I absolutely hated it at first- I’ve grown to sort of even “love” the ugly large boat Cookie, and I love how it can be upgraded and how anything you could possibly ever need for proper survival can be crammed onto it so you can technically live out at sea. 

I picture the boat Cookie as being the main boat, while 2 or 3 smaller rafts can be attached/detached from to its outer circle as smaller scouting boats.

Obviously they would be painfully slow, and easily breakable.. because the Boat Cookie is your main boat.. the small boats are just for short trips.

——————————————

To be 100% honest we have no idea what untitled Return of Them Update #4 is even NAMED.. at this time- So there’s a pretty big chance they’re already testing all this stuff out to see what does and what doesn’t work well with the game.

And I’m not talking about the game you and I am currently playing, I mean that they’re probably testing this stuff with six to seven updates we have yet to even see BETA phases of already applied to whatever their currently testing and probably even months or years before we the fans can even suggest it!

God I love Mystery Dev hype! I’m super jealous of the cool stuff they’re already playing around with right now as I type this!!! But.. I’ll wait forever if I must to see what their final vision of what DST will shape up to be.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

In my head I picture Shipwrecked being updated to support two people per boat.. That adds SOME degree of Together gameplay to an otherwise single player boat. How exactly it would work.. I don’t know.  

But yes I would love if the smaller boats could be attached to the boat Cookie (think Giant cruise ship & escape boats) You could use them for exploring narrow streams that the boat Cookie won’t fit in (yes I’ve had the misfortune of having world gen hate me that much..) but utimately they wouldn’t be fully functional boat.. boats, I picture something similar to Rowing Canoes I guess?

As much as I absolutely hated it at first- I’ve grown to sort of even “love” the ugly large boat Cookie, and I love how it can be upgraded and how anything you could possibly ever need for proper survival can be crammed onto it so you can technically live out at sea. 

I picture the boat Cookie as being the main boat, while 2 or 3 smaller rafts can be attached/detached from to its outer circle as smaller scouting boats.

Obviously they would be painfully slow, and easily breakable.. because the Boat Cookie is your main boat.. the small boats are just for short trips.

——————————————

To be 100% honest we have no idea what untitled Return of Them Update #4 is even NAMED.. at this time- So there’s a pretty big chance they’re already testing all this stuff out to see what does and what doesn’t work well with the game.

And I’m not talking about the game you and I am currently playing, I mean that they’re probably testing this stuff with six to seven updates we have yet to even see BETA phases of already applied to whatever their currently testing and probably even months or years before we the fans can even suggest it!

God I love Mystery Dev hype! I’m super jealous of the cool stuff they’re already playing around with right now as I type this!!! But.. I’ll wait forever if I must to see what their final vision of what DST will shape up to be.

Could you kindly please quit talking about your DLC compatibility suggestions in character threads? Not only is it forced content that doesnt fit DST that only you like, its also off-topic, disruptive, has already derailed several threads and its very irritating at this point to keep forcing these suggestions here.

Give me the power of the goggle man, company with a name easily relatable to a soft malleable material usually used for pottery, for i must collect more delicious lore, and the goggle man holds the highest concentration.

44 minutes ago, Shpee said:

Give me the power of the goggle man, company with a name easily relatable to a soft malleable material usually used for pottery, for i must collect more delicious lore, and the goggle man holds the highest concentration.

Would not the addition of porcine juvenile delinquent also hold as much concentrate? 

6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Could you kindly please quit talking about your DLC compatibility suggestions in character threads? Not only is it forced content that doesnt fit DST that only you like, its also off-topic, disruptive, has already derailed several threads and its very irritating at this point to keep forcing these suggestions here.

This isn’t a character suggestion thread, it’s a poll on who wants to see single player dlc characters brought into DST.

And you can’t talk about them without also talking about HOW they will be brought in. 

You don’t necessarily have to talk about the content from their DLC add-ons, but you absolutely and most defiantly DO have to talk about

1-Rather or not they should be 100% & completely free rather or not you DID or DID NOT buy the DLC pack that they came from like with WARLY.

2-Rather or not they will be PAID DLC but rewarded to you for FREE if you purchased the DLC Add On that they originate from like with WORMWOOD.

3-Or Rather or not regardless of if you bought the DLC or DID NOT purchase it if these particular characters will have to be Purchased all over again.

Or 4- Rather or not they should even be added to the game EVER at All.

44 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

This isn’t a character suggestion thread, it’s a poll on who wants to see single player dlc characters brought into DST.

And you can’t talk about them without also talking about HOW they will be brought in. 

You don’t necessarily have to talk about the content from their DLC add-ons, but you absolutely and most defiantly DO have to talk about

1-Rather or not they should be 100% & completely free rather or not you DID or DID NOT buy the DLC pack that they came from like with WARLY.

2-Rather or not they will be PAID DLC but rewarded to you for FREE if you purchased the DLC Add On that they originate from like with WORMWOOD.

3-Or Rather or not regardless of if you bought the DLC or DID NOT purchase it if these particular characters will have to be Purchased all over again.

Or 4- Rather or not they should even be added to the game EVER at All.

This is technically a suggestions thread because I expect the thread to raise suggestions as to how the characters are balanced. As with other threads like:

For so long as a thread isn't completely full of suggestions and also contains genuine discussion ABOUT THE TOPIC, it's a general discussion thread.

But time after time again you willingly barge into threads like these, mention all your DLC additions such as your most recent statement:

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

——————————————

and then argue as if they SHOULD be accepted.

Did you mention anything here about any of the characters being added, or how they're going to be added? Absolutely not. You mentioned SW boat mechanics being added to DST, again completely off-topic, ill-presented and only suiting your vision, along with comments about the dev process, again totally off-topic. 

Don't even get me started about the rest of the stuff you've mentioned about adding DLC content into DST without much basis aside from your feelings, assumptions, illogical arguments and personal preferences.

Unless you are genuinely a troll seeking the community's anger and frustration, I suggest you reevaluate what you post more carefully to avoid further conflict, because lots of it is unconstructive to the discussions you post in.

You didn’t answer any of the 4 completely ON-TOPIC questions I just provided.

maybe instead of telling me what I should and shouldn’t post, perhaps Those 4 very important questions as to HOW they should be added to DST IF they get added at all should have been included in your poll choices?

35 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You didn’t answer any of the 4 completely ON-TOPIC questions I just provided.

maybe instead of telling me what I should and shouldn’t post, perhaps Those 4 very important questions as to HOW they should be added to DST IF they get added at all should have been included in your poll choices?

First, I am not obligated to answer said questions. Even if they are on topic, you cannot force me to answer said questions especially if the knowledge I have cannot answer said questions, and answering them may misinform others.

Second, the poll choices are already full and I cannot add further choices without making the poll look incomplete or rushed.

Third, I have the right to tell you what you should and shouldn't post because you are posting things you shouldn't over and over again. It's borderline disrespectful already and should stop.

Disrespectful would be posting something 100% completely off topic in a thread that it doesn’t make any sense what so ever to be in.

At least give me credit that the things I bring up are relevant to the topic at hand.

I get it, you hate/don’t like me for whatever reason or another you literally disagree with every single post I make in every thread I reply on, and that’s fine your entitled to doing that, but if you wanna talk about frustration.. just know that’s frustrating that absolutely nothing I reply on you actually like.

Which is why I’m sticking to my word that I was only going to personally create only 3 new threads of my own throughout the entirety of 2020.. because I know that the things I wanna see and the things you wanna see don’t match up.. so I just gave up altogether on making any topics of my own and will instead only make one Hallowed Nights related Topic come October 2020.

——————————————

You really should add poll options as to HOW people feel Single Player characters should be added to DST though. Because my personal choice would be to make them all like Wormwood was, Paid DLC but Rewarded to you Free if you bought the DLC’s they come from.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Disrespectful would be posting something 100% completely off topic in a thread that it doesn’t make any sense what so ever to be in.

Going by your logic, how many times you've posted your 100% off topic DLC suggestions in character threads like this poll, to name a few examples? Disrespectful, right?

At least give me credit that the things I bring up are relevant to the topic at hand.

I will give you credit for the few posts you've had that were actually relevant to the topic, but quit saying that all of the things you bring up are "relevant to the topic at hand". Most of them, frankly, are not.

I get it, you hate/don’t like me for whatever reason or another you literally disagree with every single post I make in every thread I reply on, and that’s fine your entitled to doing that, but if you wanna talk about frustration.. just know that’s frustrating that absolutely nothing I reply on you actually like.

I don't hate you, don't get me wrong. I just disagree with what you say because it's not logical, and most of it is off topic. A lot of people here share this observation if you haven't noticed. What precisely did you expect barge into threads forcing your suggestions onto everyone? To be agreed with all the time?

Expect some rebuking and disagreement if you're not going to change that behaviour. Nobody will ever agree with wrong/illogical suggestions.

Would you rather have people agree with your suggestions all the time even if they're wrong? Or would you rather be disagreed with, learn where you were wrong, and improve? Your choice.

Which is why I’m sticking to my word that I was only going to personally create only 3 new threads of my own throughout the entirety of 2020.. because I know that the things I wanna see and the things you wanna see don’t match up.. so I just gave up altogether on making any topics of my own and will instead only make one Hallowed Nights related Topic come October 2020.

Nobody is forcing you not to create 3 threads throughout the year. Furthermore, a great number of people here can share opinions I disagree with and be civil about it, without having to force said suggestions and ideas onto others and argue ceaselessly about them. 

What we ask here is not for you to make suggestions that we agree with all the time, all we ask is that you put your ideas in their proper places, with solid proofs based on facts and logic apart from your own reasoning and feelings.

You really should add poll options as to HOW people feel Single Player characters should be added to DST though. Because my personal choice would be to make them all like Wormwood was, Paid DLC but Rewarded to you Free if you bought the DLC’s they come from.

- While admittedly this would be a nice addition, my only purpose for this poll was to gauge if people agreed with character addition or not, and why. Adding a "How" option would not be conducive to the purposes of the poll.

- If I added the options you mentioned, people will predictably choose for characters to be introduced free of charge.

- Furthermore, the "How" options are in the call of the devs, because the devs have means to do as they wish with character releases as it concerns their budget.

- Most of the community has already finished answering the poll. Adding the "How" choices now would make the response very minimal because those who have already answered cannot do so anymore.

Also, you forgot this:

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

...the poll choices are already full and I cannot add further choices without making the poll look incomplete or rushed.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

If you want to say something why don't you make 1 thread and discuss it. Go all out and explain yourself and get it out there. Then go from there. Self contained. Then we wont have to talk about it in other places. It sound like a large scale idea that needs it own place to discuss anyway. Not under any other place.

Also they want to let more people have wormwood and sell copies of Hamlet. As this is a separate game I don't think there will be a good way to use original Don't Starve dlc to give characters to people. They use the sale of characters to fund development of them. Plus on game systems they would have to work out the details with the Sony and Microsoft's people. That sound like a lot of work. Lets remember that because Hamlet is not on Xbox/Playstation that with Wormwood it was a non issue.

Archived