Shutoff automation

Shutoff use much less power than filter so we tend to use it instead of filter. But unlike filter, when the pipe is blocked (because the target is full of that particular liquid/gas), the pump keeps working and the alternate pipe wastes that same liquid/gas.

Anyone can do an automation to stop pump when the target pipe is blocked?

Just saw this great explanation about memory toggle 

So I tested it on debug mode and it seems that this does it5e447e32ddba5_2020-02-13(2).thumb.png.cf3e971147e59d309330f0af8f9be143.png

Both (or all three) element sensor are set to the intended element (i.e. oxygen), so when the target pipe has clogged oxygen, the alternate pipe starts flowing oxygen and that tick of oxygen in the alternate pipe trigger the reset to send green signal, hence send red output to the pump.

I use not gate on set/source so it sends green signal when it doesn't have oxygen.

Hope this helps to whomever new to memory toggle.

2020-02-13 (3).png

You can make a loop instead and expand it into sorting system.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.141c4eda38aca27bd9fcf67fc7bb88a2.png

27 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

in-line blockage sensor which is the first part of the packet stacker here

How do you get it to work? The temp sensor signal stay the same even after no packet in the pipe.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df8811f5b74414854e74372e799bd557.png

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Easier to just use an in-line blockage sensor which is the first part of the packet stacker here:

Oh, and shut offs despite their description uses no power at all. They just need to be connected to a working circuit.

I don't understand. I think it does the opposite of what i'm trying to do?

What i wanna do is to shut down the pump when there is blockage, and turn it on again when the air is moving, in a piping system that works as a filter. I don't want to unblock anything.

2 hours ago, SackMaggie said:

You can make a loop instead and expand it into sorting system.

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.df8811f5b74414854e74372e799bd557.png

i don't want to unblock the pipe, the pipe will be unblocked eventually. What i want to do is shut down the pump because it wastes energy by pumping when it doesn't need to pump

2 hours ago, Valmighty said:

I don't understand. I think it does the opposite of what i'm trying to do?

What to do is you stick "in-line blockage sensor which is the first part of the packet stacker" as @Saturnus said right "AFTER" gases filter and then bring that automation wire to a "not gate" and then connect to their pump. (Why after gases filter? it's because you have to know what gas will pass through the filtered pipe and select that gas in the element sensor)

i don't want to unblock the pipe, the pipe will be unblocked eventually. What i want to do is shut down the pump because it wastes energy by pumping when it doesn't need to pump

Well... once the pipe at the target is blocked the pump still turned on until all the pipes in the lines are full, Yes I got that now so the only way to solve that is to bring an automation wire from the target all the way to the pump as I mentioned above.

What i wanna do is to shut down the pump when there is blockage, and turn it on again when the air is moving

If this is what you want to do, then you do not need any logic or valves. All pumps turn off and use no power when the pipe is blocked and will resume when the gas/liquid starts moving.

i have simply used a gas valve to throttle flows before. A gas valve set to 100/500 will cause the pump to run only 20% of the time, and use only 48W on average.

You don't need to shut off the pump - it will do that itself once the pipe backs all the way up.  What you need to do is make sure that the output of the shutoff can never back up and cause the chosen element to go past the shutoff down the other path.  To do that, you just need to loop the pipe back around to the input of the shutoff.  Use a pipe bridge to extract from the loop to the real destination so that it has priority, but once it fills up, it will take the return loop instead.  Use a pipe bridge to connect the pump line to the loop so that it can only insert if the loop isn't already full.  That way when the output pipe backs up, the output of the shutoff will loop back around to the input, block further input from the pump, and then pump will shut itself off when the pipe is full.

Archived