FPS drops

Hi,
My specs:
CPU : i7 4770K
RAM : 14 GB
GPU : RX 5700 XT

I'm having very large fps drops. Game runs like ****, between 30 to 60 fps on 1080p on brand new high end GPU.
What I had done :
1. Verify game integrity via steam.
2. I've got latest AMD drivers.
3. I've tested with and without any mods - doesn't matter.
4. I've turned "tripple buffering" on
5. I've turned off or on vertical sync
6. I've lunched game with "-threaded_render" parameter
7. In graphic settings in game I've turned off bloom and distortion

Nothing works for me... Game is this state is unplayable if FPS drops from 60 to 30 without any reason on my computer.

Does anyone had similar problem ?

They are working on a whole mess of new content, content that is likely already half coded and already in your game but isn’t actually complete or playable yet. Character Reworks, New Biomes, New unrevealed content surprises. 

Hell at this point- I wouldn’t be surprised at all if your game broke and became completely unplayable at times, but that’s the price you have to pay when they’re actively adding new stuff and continuously hotfixing found bugs.

But let them enjoy the holidays off work and then after the holidays are over they’ll patch, fix, tweak and improve whatever is necessary, all while adding new content and character refreshes for us to enjoy.

although this is me probably just being 100% totally character biased- (it’s probably Wendy’s Rework that has your game dropping in Frames so bad :D, Your PC simply couldn’t handle all her Awesomeness.)

34 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

They are working on a whole mess of new content, content that is likely already half coded and already in your game but isn’t actually complete or playable yet. Character Reworks, New Biomes, New unrevealed content surprises. 

Hell at this point- I wouldn’t be surprised at all if your game broke and became completely unplayable at times, but that’s the price you have to pay when they’re actively adding new stuff and continuously hotfixing found bugs.

But let them enjoy the holidays off work and then after the holidays are over they’ll patch, fix, tweak and improve whatever is necessary, all while adding new content and character refreshes for us to enjoy.

although this is me probably just being 100% totally character biased- (it’s probably Wendy’s Rework that has your game dropping in Frames so bad :D, Your PC simply couldn’t handle all her Awesomeness.)

wut

If you notice it drop from 60 to 30, then you have vsync on and it's double buffered.  Once it dips below 60 the only way for it to keep sync is to go to the nearest multiple of your refresh rate and buffer counts.  Triple buffer will allow it to go to 45 and then to 30.

As for the why, there are way too many factors to list in one post for potential things.  So here are the most common I've seen over the years:

As Daniel there stated, please ensure your discrete GPU is running the game and not your integrated one on the CPU.  The CPU is good for small things like hardware accelerated web browsers and such, but not anything drastic.

Bad cooling (airflow low, thermal paste applied poorly, dust, etc) causing the hardware to overheat and underclock itself to compensate.

Hard drive speeds being very slow.  Could just be a 5.2k rpm drive, Windows 10 doing something by itself (it loves to do this) taking up HD time, or even a failing drive if it's old/faulty.

CPU unable to keep up with the demand of everything you're running at once.  Yes, those 500+ tabs in Chrome do still take up resources.

Outdated or faulty drivers.  Sometimes the 'latest' driver is buggy.  Sometimes the driver was mislabeled and isn't actually for your GPU but you can install it anyway.

As with anything revolving around debugging, I wish you the best of luck in a resolve.  It can be annoying I know, but to find the root cause is an experience.

I've disabled iGPU long time ago.

I just don't understand how Don't starve together can drop frames from 60 to 40 or 30 in seconds. I can play all games 1440p on Ultra in 60+ fps.

High demanding games ( both CPU and GPU ) like Total War Warhammer 2 I can play with max settings 1440p with supersampling AA x2 in 60 fps.

CarlZalph -  Like I wrote above, I've tested VSYNC on and off - it's not that.

Is there are .ini file in game with game settings that I could look into ?

23 hours ago, ComteHarebourgs said:

Not the same but similar issue: on PS4 at least, framerate drops insanely when you first open the game and you have to wait a few minutes for it to become normal again.

Yep way lower than 30, I would say maybe 10 - 15 FPS. Sad days boys

Archived