If klei were to...

Rot being easily gathered in the late game isn't useless; you need rot for booster shots. And if you're doing a lot of reviving with telltale hearts or the Endless Mode portal, or alternately falling in the ocean a lot as anyone besides Wurt -- I managed to experience that "slip into the ocean while crossing between the shore and a boat" bug like a week ago, twice in the same session before I moved the boat out of its glitchy little corner -- you'll burn through a stack of rot quickly if you need more than two or three shots.

It might still help to clean up the map if rot was perishable in its own right (disappearing when spoiled, instead of turning into something else) but I'd prefer it if it had a long spoil timer like seeds or honey.

As for creating rot on purpose: Food rots faster on the ground than it does in inventory or in a container, and wet food also has a spoilage multiplier. Since food can't be directly moistened with a water balloon, one good way to spoil a heap of cooked berries or petals would be to have a volunteer put it in their inventory and get pelted with water balloons, then drop the stack on the floor. (A Wurt player could instead walk the plank from a boat parked near the shore, but anyone else would need a booster shot afterwards, which defeats the purpose.)

1 hour ago, CameoAppearance said:

Wurt player could instead walk the plank from a boat parked near the shore, but anyone else would need a booster shot afterwards, which defeats the purpose

I wouldn't call it useless for non-Wurt characters as theu still can drown and get wet, they just need more to offset the cost of the action.

Either give rot more uses outside of farms and weird limb regrowing drugs, or make rot vanish after a few days.

I can see it being annoying to try and get rot if it vanishes as quickly as like, ash, but would it really hurt you to put it in an extra chest if you don't want it leaving? Clean servers are happy suffering servers.

3 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

-SNIPPITY SNAP-

Or you could just drop the items in water? They won't go anywhere unless you use seeds, then you attract puffins.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Hell no, now that I’ve finally unlocked Wurt I have a new found appreciation for Rot.. and would be quite upset if it was given a spoil timer. :( 

I believe you understand how ash works. Leave it on the ground, few seconds later it'll disappear. Put your spoiling stuff in a container and you get rot no problem. Drop the spoiling stuff in water before stuffing it in a container and it'll rot faster.

As for amassing tons of rot with food, remember:

Meat rots faster raw.

Veggies and fruits rot faster cooked.

Archived