[Game Update] - 168

JanH

Don't Starve Together Patch 1.68 - 12/12/2019 (PlayStation 4)

A nice day of fishing sounded like just the thing to soothe the nerves of our weary Survivors, but it looks like fish aren’t the only things that are biting. Luckily there’s something to distract them from their soggy seafaring sorrows - the return of Winter’s Feast! And this year it seems that the Constant has provided its own assortment of holiday gifts… could it be that a certain someone is feeling particularly jolly this year?

• Start of Winter's Feast.
  • End of Hallowed Nights.
  • Added Hook, Line, and Inker content. New features:
    • Teeming ocean life and new recipes to cook.
    • Craftable Sea Fishing Rod, Tackle Receptacle and more.
    • Craftable Fish Scale-O-Matic for bragging rights.
  • The Pig King has reopened his wrestling match for contenders in the off-season. Turn in Golden Belts to compete in wrestling matches and earn Clout Snout coins.
  • Improved the user experience when placing a stack of items in an already occupied slot of a container that does not hold a stack of items (eg. replacing the items in the Crock Pot and Sea Fishing Rod).
  • Foot nubs are now displayed out the ends of pants, for legs without feet (Wurt).
  • The Fish caught from Ponds and Eels caught in the Caves have been replaced with Freshwater Fish which can be weighed or murdered to produce meat.
  • While a fish is being held by Wurt, it will remain alive longer.
  • Wurt will lose sanity while holding Fish Meat, Fish Morsel, or Spoiled Fish.
  • Hammering the Anchor on a boat will now result in a leak.
  • The Malbatross’s fish shoals have been changed to Deep Bass.
  • The Malbatross does not tolerate players fishing at any of its shoals.
  • Sailing music uses music volume setting properly.
  • Fixed a crash when scrolling through the Curio Cabinet.
  • Fixed some crashes occurring randomly during gameplay, especially around autosaving.
  • Fixed ambient sound effects when players are enlightened.
  • Fixed a problem with Anchors reeling forever.
  • Fixed some bugs where characters wearing the Clever Disguise were not considered a merm.
  • Fixed dropped items from destroyed Craftsmerm House and Merm Flort-ifications.

Check out the Return of Them - Hook, Line, and Inker post for more information!

View full update

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Mx-Pain said:

Can someone explain me what's about the pig king and the wrestling thingy is ?

Pigs sometimes have the chance to spawn with a belt. You can obtain it by killing him or feeding him sth specific I think. Give that belt to the pigking to start the event

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody know how to fish in the ocean? I understand the system, but I can not figure out the controls. Do I just press circle and wait for a fish to go to my boat? I hooked one earlier but when it resisted, I pressed circle again and I ended up resetting my line.

• Like 1

Thanks, ones again for bringing the update live on all platforms on the same day! that's mean a lot for us as console players.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.9e6c335506a239208605a893f50cdb57.gif

Just a small thing though, every time the game startup and load the main menu, the game drops lots of frames and you can't open a gift or move around for like 1 minute, nothing huge but just saying.

Thanks again Klei <3

Still no Glowcap/Mushlight buff yet? feelsbadman :(

Edited by Mj-
  • Like 2

• Developer

Thanks - Yes, we are aware of it, and I was looking into a fix for it, but the crash issue came up so I got distracted. Due to the holidays the fix for the issue you mentioned will likely be delayed until sometime after the holidays.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Thanks - Yes, we are aware of it, and I was looking into a fix for it, but the crash issue came up so I got distracted. Due to the holidays the fix for the issue you mentioned will likely be delayed until sometime after the holidays.

You all at Klei sure are bizzi. Thank you for the transparency, I'm looking forward to what the team has in store for us post-holidays! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

No worries at all. It's really nothing to bother me, just want to let you all know. By the way happy holidays to you all at Klei, I hope you are having a wonderful and joyful break :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, NoscopeFelix said:

Pigs sometimes have the chance to spawn with a belt. You can obtain it by killing him or feeding him sth specific I think. Give that belt to the pigking to start the event

Thanks for the answer. However what if I have burn all the pigs houses surround the king pig ?

Can I create new ones and see one of them drop the belt ?