[Experimental Update] - 384736

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Apologies for the radio silence this past week - the second character is coming out on Thursday, and we've been battening down the hatches and doing all of our pre-flight cross checks in preparation for the launch. Before that, though, we have a couple of general fixes:

• Added preliminary support for UI scaling - only a handful of screens are supported so far, but they eventaully all will be.
  • Crash fix: Add nil check on test for arterial scanner.
  • Fix crash in accelerator boon graft.
  • Fix for issue when percent_completion doesn't return a proper value.
  • Parse _upgraded cards (eg. all the improvise cards) as actual upgrades so that they show up as related to the original card in the compendium.  They have max_xp = 0 so that they do not gain or show xp.
  • Remove the Autoplay keyword.  Rephrase cards that relied on that keyword to, "At the end of your turn, ..." which is more verbose but clearer.
  • Remove the token 2 damage on Volatile Spark.
  • Fix BATTLE_EVENT.CALC_COMBO_LOSS instances that were not checking to see if the target of the attack was the graft owner. This would cause crashes if there were two combo users in a fight, and one had the graft.
  • Nailed glove baseline was using the wrong value for combo loss mitigation.
  • Fixed bug caused by Frontal Goad using self.graft before it had been assigned.
  • [behind the scenes]: added automated testing to the game, so that we can more easily find bugs in new content.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Kevin said:

• Remove the Autoplay keyword.  Rephrase cards that relied on that keyword to, "At the end of your turn, ..." which is more verbose but clearer.

Some cards had "autoplay" removed, but didn't get "unplayable" to replace it. I've sent a few feedbacks for the ones I saw after a quick check of the compendium. 

Does "at the end of your turn" still trigger on-play effects despite technically not being played, like the autoplay keyword used to? 

• Like 3

I like the Autoplay changes, but some of the phrasing choices can still use improvement.

The Winded card's description is the best-worded of them all, since it explicitly notes that Expend occurs at the end of your turn.

The Bleed card still has the Autoplay keyword. Its description should probably be "Unplayable. At the end of your turn, take 2 damage and Expend this."

Baffled has "At the end of your turn, lose 2 resolve. Expend." Its description should probably be "Unplayable. At the end of your turn, lose 2 resolve and Expend this."

Aggressive has "At the end of your turn, Incept 1 Aggressive. Destroy."  Its description should probably be "Unplayable. At the end of your turn, Incept 1 Aggressive and Destroy this."

Baffled and Aggressive should explicitly note that they expend/destroy at the end of the turn. Their current descriptions imply that they function like Bile Grenade (which does not Expend at the end of your turn), and this can be confusing for new players.

Edited by ArtixBot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArtixBot said:

I like the Autoplay changes, but some of the phrasing choices can still use improvement.

The Winded card's description is the best-worded of them all, since it explicitly notes that Expend occurs at the end of your turn.

The Bleed card still has the Autoplay keyword. Its description should probably be "Unplayable. At the end of your turn, take 2 damage and Expend this."

Baffled has "At the end of your turn, lose 2 resolve. Expend." Its description should probably be "Unplayable. At the end of your turn, lose 2 resolve and Expend this."

Aggressive has "At the end of your turn, Incept 1 Aggressive. Destroy."  Its description should probably be "Unplayable. At the end of your turn, Incept 1 Aggressive and Destroy this."

Baffled and Aggressive should explicitly note that they expend/destroy at the end of the turn. Their current descriptions imply that they function like Bile Grenade (which does not Expend at the end of your turn), and this can be confusing for new players.

Man, I’m glad I am not the only one that feels this way. I wrote a full post about this, I was starting to think that maybe I was just being too pedantic.

• Like 2

Hooray! Very glad to hear the news. :D

Hey, guys should "Assasin's mark" also include an Unplayable keyword?

Some cards like "Gnarled effigy", "Zyn's razor", "Known thug" etc. have Unplayable at the bottom of the description and some ("Spare blades", "Winded", "Volatile Spark") at the top. Not sure if this big deal but maybe it would be a good idea to put a little standardization?

Edited by s5unaMe
  • Like 3