Moon Theory: Ancients

I think that the 2 forces are opposites of each other, but they aren't one to one. While the moon is powerless underground, it is seen that is had immense power on the surface which banishes all shadow power from invading its territory. A examples is how the shadow clockworks can't be spawned on any other day but a new moon and can't be summoned through moon glass. I think that the shadows that spawn while insane are just insanity, since they can be removed by regaining sanity. This has lead me to believe that the Nightmare creatures use the survivor's insanity as a gateway to be on the surface without fear of Them (also the new fishes aren't related Them, they were most likely there before the moon fell but the sea was too low and roaring to interact with them). They have also seen using this gateway as the Gesalts have been quoted to be a sort of receiver for Them and the survivors. There is also the point that the shadows also have to avoid any hole to the light so that they can avoid Them, which is why non-ruin nightmare fissures are only in areas that don't have any way to spawn a light hole in them (like the guano biome).The ruins are the place where they thrive because that is where they can be free from the light and thus they are allowed spread as much as they want. The Night Lights and Fissures are a pure example of this as they allow them to freely and rapidly flood out of them without stopping, with the Nightmare Lights most likely being a concentrated version of the Fissure. If I had to guess, I would say that Them literally scare the nightmares or render them powerless since anything referring to the ancients has been essentially denied by Them. The fissures, the clockworks, The Fuelweaver also seems to be rendered entirely useless seen by how it doesn't attack anything and just sort of wanders aimlessly. As a final note, In the Willow Short, the sort that has a Terrorbeak in the real world, the night it happens is one while a new moon.

6 hours ago, maciu67 said:

They are shadow creatures and Maxwell said about them on nightmare throne. Moon is totally different power.

No the shadow creatures are the ancients and that is proven by both Nightmare phase,the metheus mural, the many murals in atrium, everyone's mural quotes, and even by mining the thu statues yourself.

1 hour ago, Casul said:

No the shadow creatures are the ancients and that is proven by both Nightmare phase,the metheus mural, the many murals in atrium, everyone's mural quotes, and even by mining the thu statues yourself.

Did I say the ancients are shadow creatures?

8 hours ago, maciu67 said:

They are shadow creatures and Maxwell said about them on nightmare throne. Moon is totally different power.

T H E Y tempted the ancients into using nightmare fuel. And since ancient became shadows T H E Y arent shadow creatures. All of that is canon accurate facts. Therefore half of your diagram is invalid

Ancient Herald is nearly identical to Ancients in Mural. Not Them. Fuelweaver was the Ancient King. Not them. Terrorbeak and Crawlers were ancients. Not Them.

I would go so far as to say rabbits,bunnymen, and monkeys dont belong there either. All 3 of them live underground where the influence of the ruins is stronger. All 3 have shadow forms. The fact that you even said that the all powerful Them are a bunch of bunnies and monkeys is sad

59 minutes ago, Casul said:

T H E Y tempted the ancients into using nightmare fuel. And since ancient became shadows T H E Y arent shadow creatures. All of that is canon accurate facts. Therefore half of your diagram is invalid

Ancient Herald is nearly identical to Ancients in Mural. Not Them. Fuelweaver was the Ancient King. Not them. Terrorbeak and Crawlers were ancients. Not Them.

I would go so far as to say rabbits,bunnymen, and monkeys dont belong there either. All 3 of them live underground where the influence of the ruins is stronger. All 3 have shadow forms. The fact that you even said that the all powerful Them are a bunch of bunnies and monkeys is sad

I said the that They are shadow creatures because they are leader of this side just as Moon is leader of celestial side, and I never said that ancien herald or beardling are Them.

But its proven that They are not shadow creatures. Also shadow creatures are not the leader. If they were why were they betrayed and forced into terrorbeaks

There was an eye in the gateway when They corrupted them. If you need a leader for that side put the ancient gateway eye. Not unrelated ****

11 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

It is unknow if They are shadow creatures but they have strong connection with all shadow thing and they are ruler of this side.

No it is proven they are not because shadow creatures were corrupted by Them. They have no connection besides being betrayed by the Eye in the gateway. Which you would know if you paid facts any mind

8 minutes ago, Casul said:

No it is proven they are not because shadow creatures were corrupted by Them. They have no connection besides being betrayed by the Eye in the gateway. Which you would know if you paid facts any mind

They was betrayed by eye in portal?

4 hours ago, maciu67 said:

You are the first person who said about eye in portal.

So When Celestial portal is built what happens to eye?

Casul is actually talking about an eye depicted in Metheus Murals. this is lore 101

The Florid Postern is not The Ancient Gateway.

I really don't want to sound insulting and mean but did you even read/watch something about the lore?

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Casul is actually talking about an eye depicted in Metheus Murals. this is lore 101

The Florid Postern is not The Ancient Gateway.

I really don't want to sound insulting and mean but did you even read/watch something about the lore?

This eye is only a symbol of portal.

On 12/8/2019 at 1:55 AM, maciu67 said:

You are the first person who said about eye in portal.

So When Celestial portal is built what happens to eye?

(I'm going to just jump in this conversation)

This right here.... How have you NOT heard of the eye? 

It is said that The Eye is what influenced the Ancients

Do you just create your own lore or something? Based on what you find? Have you actually watched ANY videos, read any character quotes, or looked at any murals?

On 12/7/2019 at 12:48 PM, Casul said:

I have to agree with you on this point, the underground animals do not belong on the list. That's almost like saying a carrot belongs to the Moon because it can be influenced into becoming a carrat

23 hours ago, maciu67 said:

This eye is only a symbol of portal.

This us exactly what I'm talking about. You are clueless as to what is confirmed and canon lore. You just make up whatever you want and force it into threads

1 hour ago, GetRektKids said:

(I'm going to just jump in this conversation)

This right here.... How have you NOT heard of the eye? 

It is said that The Eye is what influenced the Ancients

Do you just create your own lore or something? Based on what you find? Have you actually watched ANY videos, read any character quotes, or looked at any murals

No actually they sit in lore threads and spam the same bs until everyone gets annoyed and leaves. You wanna know what's funny she thinks They killed Wilba's dad. She just comes up with whatever she thinks is cool and spams it

The Moon is an eye. Almost everyone supports that. Lens,moondial,etc. They are portrayed by an eye. Gorge is a mouth easy enough. Forge you can argue is the head or horns.

I think of it as a supreme being that doesnt have control of itself. That isnt canon though so I only mention it on threads saying similar. Because this thread is made for information not for speculation

30 minutes ago, Casul said:

They killed Wilba's dad

Moon not they and this is what I think

33 minutes ago, Casul said:

The Moon is an eye

Moon do not have much common with this story.

Mural shows how They destroyed Ancient Race. They used "shadow magic"

Moon is a centre of "celestial magic"

Just now, maciu67 said:

Moon do not have much common with this story.

Mural shows how They destroyed Ancient Race. They used "shadow magic"

Moon is a centre of "celestial magic"

My point proven. Examination quotes for cratered lens,moondial, etc mentions the Moon watching and peering. They or the Eye tempted the Ancients with shadowfuel and after it corrupted them enough the Eye took over. They tempted the Ancients just as the Moon is tempting us with knowledge of lunar glass

The Dark Eye tempted the Ancients and that lead to their downfall. The Bright Eye is tempting us with lunar glass. 2 sides of the same coin. They and Them are 2 different entities. They being dark Them being light

17 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Alright, so this means that what you say isn't necessarily true. You just think it is.

Kinda like how I think there was possibly a civilization BEFORE the Ancients that toyed with the moon. Or possibly the Ancients were the ones to toy with the moon and that's why they went underground. (There are several quotes backing up this theory, mainly from Maxwell) This doesn't mean that my theory is 100% correct or that it is a fact. You are arguing a theory with fact. We KNOW that the Dark eye represents nightmare and the Light eye represents the moon, lunar, etc. 

That's like me arguing that my theory is true and that the eye fact is wrong. 

Pretty much EVERYONE knows that there are eyes that are represented, which I don't know how you didn't know because you seem to be pretty big on lore.

I've only gotten into the lore of this game within' the past month, so I try to be correct and research my facts before posting. Sometimes I pull an oopsie and mess up. We all do. 

2 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Alright, so this means that what you say isn't necessarily true. You just think it is.

Kinda like how I think there was possibly a civilization BEFORE the Ancients that toyed with the moon. Or possibly the Ancients were the ones to toy with the moon and that's why they went underground. (There are several quotes backing up this theory, mainly from Maxwell) This doesn't mean that my theory is 100% correct or that it is a fact. You are arguing a theory with fact. We KNOW that the Dark eye represents nightmare and the Light eye represents the moon, lunar, etc. 

That's like me arguing that my theory is true and that the eye fact is wrong. 

Pretty much EVERYONE knows that there are eyes that are represented, which I don't know how you didn't know because you seem to be pretty big on lore.

I've only gotten into the lore of this game within' the past month, so don't smite me for getting something wrong ;)

Spot on really. Its impressive how someone new has the lore down better then an oldie

Just now, Casul said:

Spot on really. Its impressive how someone new has the lore down better then an oldie

Thanks! ;) 

I've played the game for a while, and known the lore was massive. But I only got into it recently. 

The eye is shown MANY times in the DST world whether it be through objects....

Wilson:

Green MoonlensGreen Moonlens- "That'll keep a watchful eye on the place."

Purple MoonlensPurple Moonlens- "Makes a good marker, but I wish it'd stop looking at me."

I can find PLENTY more if I want, and if I have to I will. Many of the characters talk about the moon lens looking at them or having them keep an eye on things. It is pretty obvious. 

I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE CELESTIAL PORTAL

8 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

Thanks! ;) 

I've played the game for a while, and known the lore was massive. But I only got into it recently. 

The eye is shown MANY times in the DST world whether it be through objects....

Wilson:

Green MoonlensGreen Moonlens- "That'll keep a watchful eye on the place."

Purple MoonlensPurple Moonlens- "Makes a good marker, but I wish it'd stop looking at me."

I can find PLENTY more if I want, and if I have to I will. Many of the characters talk about the moon lens looking at them or having them keep an eye on things. It is pretty obvious. 

I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THE TOP OF THE CELESTIAL PORTAL

Yeah. Some people just want their truth so badly they ignore facts though.

Archived