Power station and generator priority for tinkering.

My dupes wont tinker with the generators, I think since the latest update.
The Control Station is set to prio 9 and has metal both in it and readily available. The generators do not have a prio setting.
Dupes are doing prio 5 tasks ahead of tinkering as the generators are apparently set to prio 5 but I cannot find a way to change this on generators without manual input like coal and manual generators.
Anyone else having problems like this? They were def being tinkered with at some point but I wasnt watching them to see when it happened, only noticed after brownouts became a problem due to the main gen room only producing 6.4KW instead of 9.6KW.

20191129104205_1.jpg

20191129103847_1.jpg

asdf112.png.68ed62b51f5a05994070d226fab65e00.png

Take a look at this area. The priority system is based on 3 tiers. Duplicant priority has a 10x multiplier, building priorities have a 1x multiplier, and there is a less visible global priority that has a 0.1x multipler that cannot be altered, but governs things like life support vs harvesting random plants in the early game, before you figure out the priority system.

If you set your trained engineer to prioritize operating, and lower priorities for other tasks, he will place it higher on the queue of tasks for the day. You can't crank up the personal and building priorities of everything up to Very High and Priority 9 and expect it to get done in the proper order. If you want a dupe to tune up a generator sooner than other tasks, lower the personal priorities for other things like farming/supplying, and even out the priorities on the buildings.

Also make sure the materials you selected for the power control station are all available, and there aren't any door access issues.

12 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

set your trained engineer to prioritize operating,

I have 2 dedicated engineers on high prio +40 as shown for Ari, they dont have other prios taking over from operating. The tune up is based on the generators prio, but there is no way to set the prio of the petrol or natgas generators, and the power stations prio doesnt seem to affect the task. As the list of errands shows, they are working on operating, they just are not prioritising the generators above 5.
The power station currently has metal in it, and on the floor right in front of it, along with a pile of chips.
The rock crusher processing all my lime is set to 6 which I feel is a very reasonable prio for the primary factor limiting my steel production, and is only just out of screen to the top left. I dont have very many tasks at all set to a prio higher than 6, as my view of the system is 5 is default, 4 is things to get done later, 6 is important, 7 is very important, 9 is just short of disaster, and 8 is if there is a slightly less important disaster pending.
As 5 is the base prio, I would have to make sure with every other building they could work on have a lower prio than 5, which just doesnt seem like the correct use of the prio system to me, as within each dupes limited job fields I should be able to tier their workload prios across different buildings without absolutely preventing them from doing anything outside a single field.
Shouldnt the generators either have a prio setting or the tune ups in the power room should go by the power stations prio?

ONI-prio.jpg

20191129132728_1.jpg

Unless I am using the prio system incorrectly, the dupes will scan from left to right looking for the highest prio work type, then scan within that for the errand prio, once that work is completed they move on to the next work type. Once all of that level of prio are done the dupe will then move down to the next prio setting, again scanning work type from left to right, then sorting errands by prio.
As Ari has only a single work type with a higher prio than operating, as long as there are no doctoring jobs she will do operating.
Please correct me if this is wrong.

oni-ari.jpg

HI, it was one of the problems for long time before.

The priority of the control station only is the task of make the CHIPS.

Applying the chips is another task which to be seen on the Generator, instead of the control station.

You should check the task window at the Generator. I don't remember if the priority can be changed there.

I don't know, does it work now, but there was an old trick.

Mark engine for deconstruction, set priority as you like, cancel deconstruction

Also, what is priority of power station?

But, seriously, situation looks like a bug.

Obviously, with current system you cannot tinker manual generator before use it (same skill, same priority)

3 hours ago, Strykerrob said:

Just double checking to be sure even though I’m sure you’ve checked it already but your dupe has the tier 2 operating skill learned correct?

100% I have at least 3 dupes with maxed out operating skills.

21 minutes ago, Dosephshih said:

You should check the task window at the Generator.

The first pic shows the petroleum generators status window open and no prio settings visible.

28 minutes ago, Prince Mandor said:

Mark engine for deconstruction, set priority as you like, cancel deconstruction

Huzzah! This worked, the generators prio has changed! Setting the prio for deconstruction sets errand prio for buildings without a prio setting.

20191129181547_1.jpg

7 hours ago, KILLABUDZ said:

Huzzah! This worked, the generators prio has changed! Setting the prio for deconstruction sets errand prio for buildings without a prio setting.

20191129181547_1.jpg

Glad to help.

You already have screenshots and situation description. Can you, please, create bug report about it

Just now, Red Shark said:

The problem is that the generators lack a "Prioritzable" component. I made a mod a while back that adds it in. This'll make it so you don't have to abuse the deconstruct priority.

This is great!

But it doesn't fix situation for manual generators.

They have priority and needs operating to use, so they always must be manned before tuning

9 hours ago, Red Shark said:

The problem is that the (non-Manual) generators lack a "Prioritzable" component. I made a mod a while back that adds it in. This'll make it so you don't have to abuse the deconstruct priority.

Yeah I kinda figured that was the problem. This is my first real serious colony so I wasnt sure I hadnt simply missed something, but I got the "tune up for what" achievement just a few days ago so I know they were doing it fairly consistently as that power plant is not very old.
Im already using wrangle fliers and a small list of QOL and a few additions like wall pumps and half doors (kinda qol anyway), I'll check out the prio one.

Archived