Jump to content

Skins and drop only items


Recommended Posts

Klei should really change the way skins are applied since main 3 items that a character wears are Walkin Cane, Tam-o-Shanter and Krampus Sack 2 of which don`t even have the option of having skin applied

Tam should get all the Top Hat skins imo, and Krampus Sack the backpack skins

I mean what's the point of having all those backpack skins if you can`t use them on the Sack which always will replace backpack

Also insulated pack is now a direct upgrade from backpack so there is no reason not using it over it since they have the same nr of slots and it also can not get the backpack skins

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

A backpack with brundling wraps is like way better than a dirty time wasting krampus sack.

32 slots instead of 14 and keeps your stuff fresh.

Also Tam o' shanter is already fancy as heck.

But if you put it like that a krampus sack with bundling wraps is better than a backpack 

Also Tam is nice but it doesn`t go with too many character skins/themes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Lammarr said:

 

Why would you even need more than 32 inventory slots,still a big waste of time to get a krampus sack.

I don't know how it happens either, but I carry a full stack of bundling wraps with my Krampus sack and still feel like I'm always running out of space. #badinventorymanagement

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LaurelWreaths said:

Klei should really change the way skins are applied since main 3 items that a character wears are Walkin Cane, Tam-o-Shanter and Krampus Sack 2 of which don`t even have the option of having skin applied

Tam should get all the Top Hat skins imo, and Krampus Sack the backpack skins

I mean what's the point of having all those backpack skins if you can`t use them on the Sack which always will replace backpack.

One thing: Mob Drops.

You can't craft Tam o' Shanters nor can you craft Krampus Sacks. So you can't put skins on them. I think this was the logic Klei was going for. If it's a mob drop, then it won't have skins. That's just how it is. Plus, you didn't even suggest a way to add on the skin. The devs will have to resize the skin too which is a waste of time considering the important updates they're working on and the fact that most of the community won't even use krampus sacks anyways.

Same goes for Tam o' Shanters. They have a unique look. To just slap on a Top Hat skin is disrespectful and misleading to others. They will mistake a Top Hat for a Tam o' Shanter. And if you want them to make new skins... dream on.

Your main problem is that these are mob drops. They will always drop the normal skin no matter what. How would you solve the problem?

Personally, I would rather have main updates sooner than have a skin that requires alot of thought due to mob drops in place of the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Booklover said:

One thing: Mob Drops.

You can't craft Tam o' Shanters nor can you craft Krampus Sacks. So you can't put skins on them. I think this was the logic Klei was going for. If it's a mob drop, then it won't have skins. That's just how it is. Plus, you didn't even suggest a way to add on the skin. The devs will have to resize the skin too which is a waste of time considering the important updates they're working on and the fact that most of the community won't even use krampus sacks anyways.

Same goes for Tam o' Shanters. They have a unique look. To just slap on a Top Hat skin is disrespectful and misleading to others. They will mistake a Top Hat for a Tam o' Shanter. And if you want them to make new skins... dream on.

Your main problem is that these are mob drops. They will always drop the normal skin no matter what. How would you solve the problem?

Personally, I would rather have main updates sooner than have a skin that requires alot of thought due to mob drops in place of the update.

I know they are Mob Drops. It's literally in the title. As for the solution, adding skins to them is not more complicated than crafting any item. Like 6 Silk change in to a Top Hat through the hand swirly animation. 

I`m 100% sure it's not something time consuming. As for the solution, either through crafting, make a certain item that the character can make to change the appearance of on item, or just hop into the Closet and when you change, make those skins apply to whatever you're wearing

As in make backpack skins apply to - piggy backpack, chef pouch, krampus sack and whatever

Because what's the point in having a 15$ Fiery Witch hat that you'll never use because let's be honest, who uses a Top Hat after they get their Tam. I only see top hats for 30seconds when I craft the prestihatitator and then forget they exist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Booklover said:

One thing: Mob Drops.

You can't craft Tam o' Shanters nor can you craft Krampus Sacks. So you can't put skins on them. I think this was the logic Klei was going for. If it's a mob drop, then it won't have skins. That's just how it is. Plus, you didn't even suggest a way to add on the skin. The devs will have to resize the skin too which is a waste of time considering the important updates they're working on and the fact that most of the community won't even use krampus sacks anyways.

Same goes for Tam o' Shanters. They have a unique look. To just slap on a Top Hat skin is disrespectful and misleading to others. They will mistake a Top Hat for a Tam o' Shanter. And if you want them to make new skins... dream on.

Your main problem is that these are mob drops. They will always drop the normal skin no matter what. How would you solve the problem?

Personally, I would rather have main updates sooner than have a skin that requires alot of thought due to mob drops in place of the update.

They could add a new crafting station geared towards cosmetics. A loom or one of those industrial sewing machines. You'd be able to apply skins to an item you put in it, like a Tam or a Krampus Bag. These skins would ideally be brand new and NOT re-hashes of existing skins like the main post is calling for, because that would be lazy and misleading.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have to say: I use top hats even after I've got so many Tams it makes repairing them unnecessary. I'm good enough at this game to manage my sanity some other way and I like wearing different hats for aesthetics. Besides imo sanity-management is easier than avoiding overheating in warmer seasons, making top hat a better choice for summer. I kinda like the idea of being able to change skins of existing items/structures but I don't think it's a must to have -thing. There's more urgent stuff for devs to do. Tam and Krampus Sack are cool enough already and I would hate not being able to recognize an item based on it's appearance, if we could just make them look like a top hat or backpack. If we do get a way to change how mob-drops look, they definitely deserve their own skins.

That aside, I really need a skin for the insulated pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mrklli said:

I kinda like the idea of being able to change skins of existing items/structures but I don't think it's a must to have -thing. There's more urgent stuff for devs to do.

This sums up my opinion too.

20 minutes ago, Mrklli said:

Tam and Krampus Sack are cool enough already and I would hate not being able to recognize an item based on it's appearance, if we could just make them look like a top hat or backpack.

This. I'm not against making dropped items skinnable (I'm not for them either tho), but please, for the sake of Charlie, we should be able to recognise every skinned item. 

Another note on skinned krampus sack: I can't wait to see the molden sack :p 

Finally, my subjective opinion: I rarely use the tam, because I like the fashion goggles a lot more, they look much cooler. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...