[Experimental Update] - 382547

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters!

Here are the day's fixes, hot off the keyboard. As always, your bug reports are appreciated. You may even recognize your bugs in the list! :)  

• Update location screen day phase when we switch locations.
  • Fix feud citizenry faction name so that it makes sense
  • Fix check on bad_credit, so that it applies to all shops, not just card shops
  • Move the negotiation panel down a bit, and don't rely on its changing BB for bounds.
  • Fixed the sort by faction on the agents listing in the Compendium.
  • Make the handler boss fights self-defense, so you don't get aggressive.
  • Fix some confusing dialog when dealing with the healing spring
  • Rise n Shine: Add buyers as negotiation targets, so that you can enlist aid from others (including Authorization)
  • Private Security: Add guard and shopkeep as negotiation targets for the optional objectives, so that you can enlist aid from others (including Authorization)
  • Debt Collection: Add quest giver as a negotiation target, so that you can enlist aid from others (including Authorization)
  • Expire Evil Eye at the end of turn.
  • Buster now only triggers for attack cards.
  • Clear BATTLE overlay mode override before issuing the result handler, so that in the loot screen, navigating to your decks permits upgrades to take place.
  • TooltipFighter now takes a Widget.UnitFrame as the tooltip instead of a Fighter, so that it can replicate the order of conditions displayed.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Private Security: Add guard and shopkeep as negotiation targets for the optional objectives, so that you can enlist aid from others (including Authorization)

Maybe make it so that we can use Authorization to skip the negotiation altogether, if they are Admiralty? Not that I think it would be the optimal thing to do very often, but it makes in-world sense. You're literally asking them to help you in a fight, which is what Authorization is meant to do.

...and since I've started writing this post, might as well propose to make Authorization allow the player to straight up skip one Negotiation per day against Admiralty. :p That would require more coding though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pacovf said:

Maybe make it so that we can use Authorization to skip the negotiation altogether, if they are Admiralty? Not that I think it would be the optimal thing to do very often, but it makes in-world sense. You're literally asking them to help you in a fight, which is what Authorization is meant to do.

...and since I've started writing this post, might as well propose to make Authorization allow the player to straight up skip one Negotiation per day against Admiralty. :p That would require more coding though.

Well, everything requires more coding, question how much coding depends on the structure of the project itself (how they had leveraged OOP, design patterns and so on). It may be easy or tricky. But, I don't know how would this affect the balance of the game itself?

Edited by Senteliks

It doesn’t feel out of line to me. Negotiations are still relatively easy, even at maximum prestige, and only so many of them are with Admiralty. Mostly it would just guarantee you don’t mess up the one before the Day 3 boss. You would miss out on card xp, card rewards, and score, if you abused it. Boons like Haggle Badge would still be stronger.

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1

I think the biggest issue would be writing up new dialogue for every instance of negotiating with Admiralty. Plus there would be instances where it wouldnt make sense to be able to use authorization (the leave no one behind quest where the hostage is a traitor is the first to come to mind).

• Like 1

• Developer

Hey Grifters:

Most of our effort at the moment is being spent on polishing and testing new character stuff, but I have a small update for experimental:

EXPERIMENTAL 383025

• Add Improvise keyword to Caprice.
  • Add Expend keyword to Back Pedal.
  • Added initial UI-scaling functionality, to support various screen sizes. Adding a spinner to change the scaling in the options screen. Support for this setting will come in screen-by-screen over the next couple months.
    • Changed the New Game Screen to adapt to different screen sizes. 
  • You can no longer pet any "pets" that can talk (ie. bipedal robots).
  • First Impressions now uses the FIRST_IMPRESSION virtual property to calculate deterministically the agent's opinion on first meet.  This remains static for the run.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Wait there's bipedal robots in the game as "pets"?

Was going to make a comment along these lines too :p

First Impressions now uses the FIRST_IMPRESSION virtual property to calculate deterministically the agent's opinion on first meet.  This remains static for the run.

Have you considered saving the random seed when doing autosaves, so that quitting and loading a game doesn't change the results from reaching a location? It's rather prone to abuse.

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1