[Experimental Update] - 381223

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

We're doing a QA and polish pass as we get the new character ready for launch next month. Sal's story and cards are getting some fixes by osmosis, so I'll keep pushing experimental to keep you in the loop!

ALSO, only in experimental (for now): we have been working on our gamepad support for a while now, and we finally think it's ready for real user testing. Try plugging in a USB controller and tell us what you think! You can switch seamlessly between control modes by pressing buttons or moving your mouse.

• Gamepad control pass ready for testing. 
  • Fix talking pets in negotiation (again).
  • Reduce sal's starting max resolve to 30.
  • Sal's core argument gives her 1 free composure on her core resolve per turn.
  • Replace references to 'breaking point' with 'surrender threshold'.
  • More re-stringing for consistency describing Panic.
  • Remove DEMORALIZING and REPEAT keywords.
  • Don't show surrender tooltip if the surrender threshold is at 0 health.
  • Make it impossible for someone to both help and hinder you at the same time in a negotiation
  • Hook up quips for improve_relationship_chat.lua.
  • Encounter:ShowRelationshipChanges should WaitOnLine so that the presentation occurs only after any pending dialog completes.
  • Fix animations when playing a new attack while still playing the previous Post.  If the post has weapon swaps, we allow it to finish (otherwise things look weird), otherwise we can abort it entirely and go right into the new attack, skipping the pre if there is one.  This lets things feel pretty snappy.
  • Fixed inconsistent wording with regards to enemy arguments vs enemy targets.
  • Fix situations where Frontal Goad would not give resolve bonuses to starting modifiers.
  • Target weighting constraints should only apply to attack cards.  Fixes a bug where a buff is applied to a target who is being targetted by at least 2 attackers: when that buff is played (Eg. jakes triage) it will fail to re-assign the primary target.
  • Added missing {EXPEND} keyword to bloodbath_plus2.
  • Fixed Hard Facts desc to reflect that it is random.
  • Added missing death loot for the Shroog.
  • All finishers now consume their combo in preresolve so that they still trigger flourish even with inside fighting.
  • Cap max card cost imposed by Eccentricity to 3, even at max difficulty.
  • Fix Assault re-targetting the second attack.  Rewrite the desc so it is consistent with how Duplicity is described.
  • Fixed bug where bleed still decayed by 1 with cleaved applied
  • Ocular Surrogate now triggers AFTER cludger

View full update

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Developer
47 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

Me: notices epic launcher updateing

checks and sees it's griftlands

"I SENSE A DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE"

also now for some reason the game keeps crashing and i have no save files in the save folder but i have saves inside the game.

The save folder moved an update ago - are you looking in the new location? C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Klei\

Also, I'm not seeing crashes on our crash channel. Mind posting a screenshot of your callstack so I can narrow it down?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since the topic of Sal’s animations came up, I should mention that I find Sal’s “finger gun” attack rather... odd.

I like these changes though! I especially like the wording changes, they’re making it a lot easier to tell what cards do (e.g. distinguishing between “arguments” and “targets”, that had been bothering me for a while).

i dont see any folders to that effect. all i see in the experimental folder is saves, feedback, and cache. my saves are empty but since my save are in the game im assuming the folder's somewhere in the hole in the wall bar in my pc drunkenly thinking its a game of hide and seek. what should i try to find the folder

4 hours ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

i dont see any folders to that effect. all i see in the experimental folder is saves, feedback, and cache. my saves are empty but since my save are in the game im assuming the folder's somewhere in the hole in the wall bar in my pc drunkenly thinking its a game of hide and seek. what should i try to find the folder

Have you visited folder Kevin mentioned? 

C:\Users\!UserName!\AppData\Roaming\Klei\Griftlands_testing\!RandomID!\saves

6 hours ago, Kevin said:
  • Fixed bug where bleed still decayed by 1 with cleaved applied

Lol. All the time I thought it's not a bug :D

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

We're doing a QA and polish pass as we get the new character ready for launch next month. 

You could share this story with us and we will help it get polished. ;)

Btw I could not send this idea with feedback form and maybe it's very meh but could you implement some gui wich will show social grafts of characters in game?

Here is an example. When you hover over name\relationship such window should pop up (look at Asnitho):

Social_grafts_tip copy.jpg

With no text frame wich should only appear when you hover over an appropriate graft icon.

But probably it would be nice to be able to toggle this feature in option menu.

Edited by s5unaMe

I hope one patch we could be able to see any social banes/boons we've unlocked on characters even if they're not active in the relationship tab. The boons and banes show up in the compendium if unlocked, but when we check the relationships tab ingame, they're set to "Unknown" if the boon/bane isnt active.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In this latest update, as of 11/21. I keep crashing in a debate with Foolo on Prestige 11, just after one of my first three turns is over and he possibly deploys an argument. It's hard to see exactly what action as it crashes right there, but I think he's deploying the "pay 5 shills". This is my first run on 11, so it may be a graft I have up interacting, or the fact that I purchased two additional graft slots where lvl 11 allots only 2. Diplomacy grafts: Interior Drill, Shrieker, Coactive Orbslug, Ocular Surrogate. If it's a graft, it's likely one of the last two. I don't remember if I had a fourth graft slot at this prestige level the last time that argument was deployed in another diplomacy battle, or if I had the Ocular Surrogate graft yet, but I'm pretty sure I played through a diplomacy battle on this run with the other three grafts in place and three graft slots when that argument came up from an earlier npc. So I'm betting on the Ocular Surrogate and/or the fourth graft slot interacting with this argument.  

More info: I believe it happens with or without an influence argument deployed on my end. I always have that fist icon argument up and composure to cover whatever argument he's attacking, but don't think that's likely the cause. It could even be a card in my deck (I've got the diplomacy card draft modifier up also), but the grafts or graft slot numbers seem the most likely. 

I've F8'd a few crash logs to you all when it happened, but figured I'd post here in hopes there's a post on the fix so I can play through the run. 

Thanks!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TCCBTVND said:

In this latest update, as of 11/21. I keep crashing in a debate with Foolo on Prestige 11, just after one of my first three turns is over and he possibly deploys an argument. It's hard to see exactly what action as it crashes right there, but I think he's deploying the "pay 5 shills". This is my first run on 11, so it may be a graft I have up interacting, or the fact that I purchased two additional graft slots where lvl 11 allots only 2. Diplomacy grafts: Interior Drill, Shrieker, Coactive Orbslug, Ocular Surrogate. If it's a graft, it's likely one of the last two. I don't remember if I had a fourth graft slot at this prestige level the last time that argument was deployed in another diplomacy battle, or if I had the Ocular Surrogate graft yet, but I'm pretty sure I played through a diplomacy battle on this run with the other three grafts in place and three graft slots when that argument came up from an earlier npc. So I'm betting on the Ocular Surrogate and/or the fourth graft slot interacting with this argument.  

More info: I believe it happens with or without an influence argument deployed on my end. I always have that fist icon argument up and composure to cover whatever argument he's attacking, but don't think that's likely the cause. It could even be a card in my deck (I've got the diplomacy card draft modifier up also), but the grafts or graft slot numbers seem the most likely. 

I've F8'd a few crash logs to you all when it happened, but figured I'd post here in hopes there's a post on the fix so I can play through the run. 

Thanks!

this is the same thing ive had, although it also crashed on the earlier admiralty negotiation. my conversation was higher on the replies