[Experimental Update] - 376216

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Thank you for trying out the new mutator system! This update adds a couple of new mutators, and a way to pick them randomly. Also, Phroluk has some more exotic pets for you to buy/upgrade.

• New mutators: loyalty, giant_mech, barbarous, why_me, mutator, relatable
  • Added an option to pick 3 random mutators (for those who want a challenge!)
  • You can buy "Erchins" (an animal from Grout Bog) form Phroluk
  • Added the upgraded flead
  • Adjusted health and damage of upgraded pets to be roughly even
  • Nerf Shel's morale.  She's downtrodden, is she not?
  • Aplomb is now targetable instead of always applying to the core resolve
  • Mark up rise manifesto as a bog item so that it doesn't show up in grout bog normally
  • Unique items have reasonable prices in shops
  • Fix Elitist persisting even when the bane is removed.  It now functions more like the mutators first_impressions & relatable: it triggers WHEN you meet someone.
  • Enemy Fighters no longer have any morale if the battle is flagged as NO_SURRENDER
  • Add plot_armor to BEASTMASTER
  • Run OnNewGame handling within a coroutine so that UI such as the slide show, mutator popups, legacy popups, etc. can be handled serially without callback hell.  Only auto save at the very end, so that if you quit midway, your new game isn't saved.
  • PauseMenu shouldn't show the Abandon option until the save game has a save_file_name assigned (ie. a fully formed save game)
  • Fix headless bandit

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

• Mark up rise manifesto as a bog item so that it doesn't show up in grout bog normally

I assume you meant Murder Bay?

Add plot_armor to BEASTMASTER

For what's it worth, I thought it was fun to have Phroluk involved in quests.

Edited by pacovf

Ive only done a few full runs with the First Impressions mutator on so Ive gotta ask, does it effect bosses? I was hoping Id get Sparky's Boon/Bane, but he was always neutral to me, so I was wondering if I was just unlucky or if bosses are exempt from it.

• Like 1

I already sent a feedback ticket but Ill mention it here for everyone else, Aplomb is bugged and doesnt give any composure whatsoever in current experimental build. Dont go picking it until next patch when they fix it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Relatable" seems like a bit much, compared to other mutators. Not only does everyone get +10 resolve, not only do you lose resolve before every negotiation after a few days because everyone dislikes you, not only everyone you "bother" instantly hates you (instead of just disliking you), not only is it extremely hard to get people to love you... you also get -50% rewards from quests, and everything costs +50%, effectively dividing your money by three. I've still got to finish a run with it, but it's quite the debuff.