Let Wurt trick or treat!

It's really disappointing that the new character Wurt is unable to trade Halloween trinkets with the Pig King. 
He simply refused to interact with her.

It's really hurtful to see, especially as a mom, because she's just a kid and it's like she's being denied to join in a trick or treat.
If Webber and Wortox are allowed to trade with the Pig King, then she should too.

Really disappointed with how Klei released her character on a Halloween event. 

A kid. On a Halloween event. And she can't trick or treat?
Seriously?

I am more disappointed that they completely denied her the ability to gain gold from PK, since gold is such a useful resource early in late game. This downside is completely stupid when you think about it as Wurt can't gather gold but others can, since this a multiplayer game you most likely will have friends to gather gold for you. When you want to play to play solo however you can never gain gold in a renewable sort unless you wait for in game days for cave ins to fall. So I hope they will rework this ability to have a .5 gold value so bath tub drain would be 4 gold, and meat would be 0-1 gold, or just make it less tedious and more something you have to learn and play around.

Trading for gold is a balance consideration and that's up to the devs to decide how they want it. I think she should be able to trade since Wortox and Webber can; in my mind the pig king doesn't really care who people are he just wants stuff and meat. If they want her to not be able to trade, that's fine too. Plenty of other ways to renewably get gold. 

However, it is unacceptable that the new child character can't trick or treat when literally every other character, even the ones hated by pigs, can trick or treat. Special exceptions for candy were even made for characters (like Warly) to be able to eat the candy despite their downsides. Wurt absolutely should be allowed to trick or treat and enjoy candy without relying on her friends to bring it to her. As a father, I am disappointed that a kid is being left out of the festivities. Special events > factional wars. Love for candy crosses all boundaries. 

I second he Merm King way.

The downside of not getting gold from a pig king comes with being a merm, really. It's fairly easy to let someone else do the job or switch character to bulk-trade gold, it would be too sad to "dishonor" the lore for convenience. Lore-based up- and downsides are always the best, in my view, and Wurt is already such a strong character with so few downsides.
So I'd say let the Merm King Tricked or Treated, but not give any gold for the trinkets?

On 25.10.2019 at 4:28 AM, Pumkingthegreat said:

When you want to play to play solo however you can never gain gold in a renewable sort unless you wait for in game days for cave ins to fall.

The Portal lets you switch characters, which would be the way to go for solo players.

I like the hidden downside of harder gold acquisition but absolutely no trinket-gold trading is really not fair. She hates pigs? Fine, make her never interact with the pig king. But please make Merm king give gold instead, albeit at a lesser rate, so that she can still use trinkets for gold.

Archived