Gem farms without Vargs?

So I think I may have screwed up big time by turning off Vargs in my world lol. I forgot how valuable gems can be in terms of crafting and trading for gold with the Pig King (Wigfrid player here). Are there any reliable ways to get gems that can be considered a renewable source? Ex: not being limited to the amount of Stalagmites in the world since they aren’t respawnable/renewable, and graves that stay empty once dug.

You get gems from killing red/blue hounds, which spawn during summer and winter. During winter, always go fight the walrus and his hounds. If you have a Hound Mound in your world, you can slave away at killing the hounds that spawn from them or set up a bunch of traps around them. You can also get gems in the caves from earthquakes.   

If your concern is gold, just spend some time picking tumbleweeds. You'll not only get occasional gem drops, but you'll also get trinkets you can give to the Pig King.

You can get gold for eggs from the Pig King, and you can get eggs from birds in a birdcage with any kind of meat, even leafy meat, and monster meat if you cook it first. Even playing as Wigfrid, you should be able to farm plenty of monster meat from spiders and other monsters. Also bunny puffs will get you some gold from the pig king, and aren't really good for much else after you've built some bunny houses and maybe a fur roll or two.

As for the gems themselves, imsomony's advice is good. Tumbleweeds and hound waves/mounds and walrus camps are renewable sources of gems. And earthquakes, though I feel like that's the least reliable method of the ones available, it is an option.

you can world hop to hamlet, buy gold from the bank, and then get back to RoG (requires you to have hamlet)

as for the gems, you can get those by world-hopping (if you don't want to regenerate your RoG world, you can go to shipwrecked and/or hamlet. requires you to have those DLC, and there might not be many gems in shipwrecked.)

Archived