Nerf Poison

Rosten

Poison in Hamlet is a bit bonkers, honestly. 

The punishment that you're given is far disproportionate to the mistake you make (I.e. absurd amounts of hp for getting hit by a single, small enemy.)

I'd suggest either significantly reducing the length, making it guaranteed that the Spa always sells Antivenom, or altering the recipe for it (or adding a new one) to make it craft-able in a Hamlet-only world. As it stands, if you don't have any Antivenom and the Spa doesn't sell any you're left spending tons of oincs or resources on healing items and food to offset the damage taken over the three days it's active. Given that scorpions are very common enemies it's unreasonable to reach the point where you can either stockpile antivenom or healing items to offset the damage by the time you'll encounter them, and "never getting hit" isn't particularly reasonable either. I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy Don't Starve if getting hit by a Spider did 150 damage.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:24 PM, inferjus4 said:

Poison has been already nerfed once and I think it is ok that you have to watch your moves if you know there is poison threat around. This is quite unique danger and I like the way you have to avoid it.

I don't mind that it exists or it's method of acquiring, but it feels so slapped onto Hamlet, because the only way you can get rid of it is based on luck with whether or not the shop has antivenom, since there's no way to craft it.

1 hour ago, Rosten said:

I don't mind that it exists or it's method of acquiring, but it feels so slapped onto Hamlet, because the only way you can get rid of it is based on luck with whether or not the shop has antivenom, since there's no way to craft it.

1. Poison goes away on its own after a few days. You just gotta outheal the damage.

2. You can craft a Venom Gland for 3 Poison Dart Frog Legs and eat it to remove the poison.

Add the admittedly unreliable option of buying Antivenom from the Mud Spa and you got a grand total of 3 different ways you can get rid of poison.

Just now, QuartzBeam said:

1. Poison goes away on its own after a few days. You just gotta outheal the damage.

2. You can craft a Venom Gland for 3 Poison Dart Frog Legs and eat it to remove the poison.

Neither of these are very good solutions. It's honestly ridiculous that your only consistent options for dealing with it are "take an absurd amount of damage" or "Pray to RNG that the shop has them."

Like, what if you get hit by a Scorpion in your first few days before you have access to good healing? They're not exactly super rare enemies.

I hate to be that person, but... there's also the option of not getting hit. Scorpions don't poison you just by existing, you have to engage them in combat and then get hit by their tail attack which is their easiest attack to avoid. The only other sources of poison in Hamlet, as far as I know, are eating poison dart frog legs or unripe tubers, which is something you'll only do once and then know to never do again. Poison is a punishment for very specific mistakes, so the best way to deal with it is to be aware of those mistakes and not make them in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Rosten said:

Neither of these are very good solutions.

The solutions not being to your liking does not mean they do not exist. Put those goalposts down, eh?

9 minutes ago, Rosten said:

in your first few days before you have access to good healing?

The Deli sells Waffles (60 Health) and Pierogi (40 Health) for 10 oincs each. The Mud Spa sells Blue Caps (20 Health) for 3 oincs. The Grocery sells Pomegranates (20 Health when cooked) for 1 oinc and Eggplants (20 Health when cooked) for 2 oincs. You can pick up Aloe for 8 Health free of charge and you can simiarly eat Butterfly Wings for the same amount, plus a tiny chance of getting Butter (40 Health). You can also try your luck at the Wishing Well, which stands a good chance of curing your poison and giving you 100 health for 1 measly gold nugget.

22 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

The solutions not being to your liking does not mean they do not exist. Put those goalposts down, eh?

I'm pretty much not even going to justify the rest of your post with a response 'cause of this. If you can't be respectful, don't even bother. This is a suggestions subforum, not /r/MurderedByWords.

Anti-venom cost 5 oincs, really cheap.

You can throw gold in the wishing well to cure the poison.

IMO poison is easy to avoid in Hamlet more than in SW, scorpion have 2 attack one of them only poison you, their dash attack doesn't poison you, so you can bait their poison attack and then start attacking them.

19 hours ago, Alexias said:

Anti-venom cost 5 oincs, really cheap.

You can throw gold in the wishing well to cure the poison.

IMO poison is easy to avoid in Hamlet more than in SW, scorpion have 2 attack one of them only poison you, their dash attack doesn't poison you, so you can bait their poison attack and then start attacking them.

Also when scorpions get hit, they dash backwards. You can come close to them to force them to do regular, not-dash attack, so you can safely retreat, then repeat the process.

Archived