When Forumites collide!

So I made a server yesterday while waiting for my bro to finish his games of Dota 2 so we could play a server together for the first time in a long while.

As I wait and do my start routine and criticize myself for prioritizing rocks and charcoal too much that I have so little hunger left as I start setting up camp, I realize that I left too many server slots open as a random Warly joins in. He's friendly, and helpfully starts killing frogs near spawn.

And as I head to spawn to lead him to base @I_Link_I spawns in as Woodie. I felt giddy to say the least. He claims that he immediately knew I was the right GNO bc Rosa mod.  

322330_screenshots_20190929160529_1.thumb.jpg.539106d94d1e8d256cff7928e93bb533.jpg

So we set off to work. Link maps the world, I setup base with Warly, and my bro spawns as Wolfgang, and kills spiders.

322330_screenshots_20190929161336_1.thumb.jpg.4de7926ea63c1b6fff3585b9366d064a.jpg

Link eventually got stranded on the moon island with a goose idol and 11 health, and he managed to get back by eating moon moths.

322330_screenshots_20190929180107_1.thumb.jpg.16a446d9e8962da8d3927ac3868332e8.jpg

After much suffering Link got back. We left afterwards, and the world wasn't saved due to my carelessness and deepfreeze... mea culpa... 

322330_screenshots_20190929180219_1.thumb.jpg.ef6ea29dd505055597a20c2252ad6827.jpg

I'm planning to start a proper Sanctuary server this time around. Worldgen wasnt too good back in the old world, bc of wormhole placements. Suffice to say, it was truly a golden experience to have played with a fellow forumite.

Any stories you can share of fellow forumites playing alongside you?

322330_screenshots_20190929180145_1.jpg

Seen forumites scattered around public servers sometimes. Even had a few recognitions myself!
Even weirder is seeing people that I remember playing with back in DST beta. Like...not the content betas, the beta for DST itself. Been a long time now ._.

Brief as it was though, I think trying to figure out the Metheus puzzle shenanigans and coordinate getting into a world for it at the time of their release was the most memorable as far as forumite stuff goes. Also the most coordination I've done with someone regarding this game. That puzzle was a blessing.
Tearing out hair together still counts as memorable, right?
It was under my old account, of course; pretty sure this one didn't exist back then.

It was also like the second time I ever used Discord, haha.

I can't remember many other details for the life of me but I do remember that the shaping of @minespatch's hair and mine at the time were similar. Like, I don't recall even the faintest shred of sound frequency of their voice, or anything about their face. Just the hair thing.
Also I probably never even showed my face because of anxiety stuff lmao

2 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:

WHAT... BLASPHEMY... IS THAT CHARACTER? ( ask your brother, he knows what it means xD )

It gives me the creep xD looks like a Wendy rubbed to her core that her soul is actually visible now!

Slander not the sheer perfection of the Rosalina mod!

Srsly, tho, the modder went above and beyond the call of duty to make a well-polished mod compared to the rest of the anime insert mods dominating the workshop...

3 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Slander not the sheer perfection of the Rosalina mod!

Srsly, tho, the modder went above and beyond the call of duty to make a well-polished mod compared to the rest of the anime insert mods dominating the workshop...

And link has the MAGICAL power to transform everyone into a link by letting them wear one of his tunics .(that is a real bug this mod has XD )

Archived