[Experimental Update] - 369129

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

This is a card balance patch. It also makes the graft shop a lot more reliable, and lets you drill out extra graft slots. Happy grifting!

• You can buy additional graft slots at the night market (100 shills, 15 hp).
  • Plocka now always sells 6 grafts: 3 negotiations, 3 combats, all rarities.
  • Graft prices reduced ( 200, 300, 500) -> ( 100, 200, 300).
  • Card tweaks:
    •     Boulder stance: Cost 1 -> Cost 2
    •     Burst: 2-5 damage -> 3-6 Damage
    •     Lacerate: 1 damage -> 2-4 damage
    •     Concentrate: 7xp -> 6xp
    •     Calling in All Favors: cost 2 -> cost 1, 2 vulnerability -> 3 vulnerability
    •     Caprice_plus: cost 1 -> cost 2 (only affects the upgrade that improvises 2 cards)
    •     Just the Facts: cost 2 - > cost 1 (replaced Pale upgrade with Boosted upgrade)
  • Increase health restore option from extra quest rewards from 10 to 20.
  • Increase extra money from quest rewards from 25 to 30.
  • Plocka restocks on the first visit of every day, not every visit.
  • Speed tonic will only choose cards that already cost greater than 0.
  • Status cards that are flagged opponent, such as kickback, should show up as Status cards.
  • unstable_augmentation crash fix
  • Better check for consuming actions/money: use card owner.  Fixes kickback/bad_deal not costing you money when you play them due to (recently) being flagged OPPONENT.

View full update

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Love the changes to Plocka!

29 minutes ago, TheCoolestFool said:

Just the facts needed a buff? i use that card all the time to break my decks.

I assume the goal is to make it more playable as a source of actions, instead of just as a source of expend-all-the-cards-you-don’t-want.

• Thanks 1

Well i used it for the actions, an extra argument to take damage and get rid of status cards. It just results in a consistent/broken deck after a few turns. I think lowering its cost has the opposite effect making it much more playable to expend all your unwanted cards.

Honestly just surprised a card i thought was good is being buffed that's all.

Edited by TheCoolestFool
  • Like 1

• Developer

Just pushed a small hotfix:

• Fixed the hitbox on the negotiation core arguments.
  • Issue non-fatal warning in case max graft slots exceeds specified layouts, instead of crashing.
  • Fix combat slot drilling to give you right kind of slot.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TheCoolestFool said:

Well i used it for the actions, an extra argument to take damage and get rid of status cards. It just results in a consistent/broken deck after a few turns. I think lowering its cost has the opposite effect making it much more playable to expend all your unwanted cards.

Honestly just surprised a card i thought was good is being buffed that's all.

To be clear, I think you're better at crafting Negotiation decks than I am, so I may be wildly off. But getting old Just the Facts for actions is terrible, until you get the Pale upgrade, when it's decent. Paying 2 actions to get 3 actions distributed over the next 3 turns is a bad deal. You need at least 4 smarts before it starts making sense, and that's assuming you manage to protect the Smart argument for that long (not certain). And well, expending 4 cards at once is a tall order, do you really have that much trash in your hand at once? You also have to deal with the fact that you may only have 1 action left to respond to whatever your opponent is doing.

...Of course, all this is just arguing against base Just the Facts (and ignoring that the main pull of the card is expending stuff, not the actions). I realize now that you were probably arguing that Pale Facts was already good enough, and that the upgrades to the new Just the Facts are unnecessary, powerwise. No strong opinions there. I think I would rather have Backpedal that expends up to 2 cards than old Pale Facts, but that's about it.

yeah for me when the card cost 2 i would just use it to level it. Mostly the turn was just the facts and expend maybe 1-2 cards and then gain composure. The card really becomes playable at 1 cost. I figured it was just one of those 2 cost trash cards that you have to get upgraded to shine. kind of like freighter and barnacle. 

Once it costs 1 its pretty strong with brainstorm and other card draw. Can get rid of starter cards since were not always lucky enough to get destroy all the time. I wonder how they go about buffing cards though. Do they just look at the current usage rates i wonder.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with the latest update. Anytime I try to rest, the game crashes and gives the "LUA" has crashed error. I've tried reloading and messing with just about every option I can think of and have rushed through games on other save files to get to the end of day 1 and it keeps on happening. I'm planning on doing a fresh installation, but figured I'd make a post first just to see if it was a known issue.

• Developer

New hotfix coming through (will take ~30 minutes or so)

• Update is_good social graft flag for those specified from skins (eg. top_shelf, bottom_shelf).
  • Fix UI widget nav crash on day over screen if you end a day with no new dislikes.
  • Assign empty user table to newly created combat cards so that they can't gain xp.
  • Added upgrade highlight to caprice.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My general impression from the drilling extra graft slots option is that it’s a bit too easy to abuse. Maybe make it work like the card removal option from the other vendors, only once per night (per type of graft?), and increasing shill/HP cost the more you do it.