Weremoose vs Abigail: Spider Farming

1 hour ago, thetricker1 said:

i get stunlocked many times and doesnt matter how much i spam R-click

10 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

I got stunlocked during a frog rain. hit one and started charging into the frogs that took aggro. I plowed through probably 50 frogs but they just kept coming and a few lucky swings cancelled my charge and eventually I was overwhelmed.

8 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If you missclick and end a charge with a bunch of enemies around, you do get perma-stunlocked and die, no matter how much you mash right click. I had that happen to me as moose a couple of times now :/ and had almost full hp (all thats left after the idol)

My apologies - You can actually get stunlocked. I've fought a ton of spiders on an endless server I have a quite a few hours on a few days after the rework buff, and I didn't get stunlocked. I was fighting spiders from 10 tier 3 dens (because a friend of mine planted them and assumed i'll take care of every single one, which I had no confidence in at the time) and despite getting surrounded and attacked many, many times I managed to escape by just mashing right click. 

I did avoid situations that could result in a potential stunlock after that, though. I now make sure to aggro everything nearby and wait before actually charging to avoid having the enemies too spread out and surround me again. I also position my charges and delay them as per circumstances (you really don't wanna charge into a huge clump of spiders or a couple of terrorbeaks and end your charge right in front of them...)

On 9/18/2019 at 2:16 PM, Atkvin said:

Unfortunately Abi also has a long cool-down period once she's gone (unless you stockpile flowers, which imo is really not intuitive or sensible to Wendy's character) and takes a huge chunk of sanity to resummon. Wendy def needs a bit more to secure her own niche against Woodie right now (or get a new niche entirely) whether it's by giving Abi more utility or Wendy herself getting something new.

I don't know of many situations when I've seen Abigail get killed by spiders, are you fighting them at night?

Woodie's negative is guaranteed short duration with guaranteed negative effects every time. Abigail overwhelmingly more often gets out alive with no negatives, and she can repeat every night and handle larger volumes. It's really not comparable.

Wendy needs a buff, but her ability to efficiently farm large trashmobs like hounds and spiders is certainly not an area of concern in comparison to the moose. The only situation I see the moose being more effective in is if the a den turns into a queen, since he can just leave whereas Abigail will scream a battlecry and go kamikaze.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, Broodalize said:

I don't know of many situations when I've seen Abigail get killed by spiders, are you fighting them at night?

There is one situation where Abby will commonly be killed by mere black spiders, even at night, and that is in a Spider Quarry variant of the Rocky Biome. The quantity of spiders that can come at her there is so large and so dense that some of the spiders will push each other out of her AoE radius and be able to actually get off some hits against her consistently. But yes, it is uncommon.

This will never happen with bees though, because their attack range is too short. Even an infinite number of bees would be helpless against Abigail. The best they could hope for would be to lag or crash the server with their numbers, delaying their inevitable end for another time.

Archived