Are Anti Entropy Thermo-Nullifier in maps without cold biomes?

I'm playing on an Arboria map and was wondering if I should expect any later. I've uncovered several rust biomes that are cold bet never seen a cold biome.

If there's none, any advice for removing heat? I've only found a cold carbon geyser so far but it's cooling capabilities are mediocre at best.

Ethanol evaporation/condensation seems like one of the lowest requirement early game loops.  You are going to be looking at something that involves an aquatuner and a steam generator usually.

Other than the usual heat something up and then consume it like hot water to an oil well.

51 minutes ago, asveron said:

I'm playing on an Arboria map and was wondering if I should expect any later. I've uncovered several rust biomes that are cold bet never seen a cold biome.

If there's none, any advice for removing heat? I've only found a cold carbon geyser so far but it's cooling capabilities are mediocre at best.

36 minutes ago, WanderingKid said:

AETNs are in the ice biomes only.  Arboria has ice biomes.

Unless you're very unlucky. Arborea can have ice biomes, but is not guaranteed any biome. They are also somewhat rare. You might get 4 small patches or less at times.

I've generated a lot of Arborea maps.

10 minutes ago, Chthonicone said:

Unless you're very unlucky. Arborea can have ice biomes, but is not guaranteed any biome. They are also somewhat rare. You might get 4 small patches or less at times.

I've generated a lot of Arborea maps.

I've been wondering if i actually made the verdante map or something. I don't see nearly as many trees as the description said. Many thanks to everyone for the info tho!

Just now, asveron said:

I've been wondering if i actually made the verdante map or something. I don't see nearly as many trees as the description said. Many thanks to everyone for the info tho!

One arborea map I found 30 some odd acorns (you can get more when you harvest branches mind you, this was naturally) and 23 oxyferns. Another there were 6 trees and 9 oxyferns on the whole map...

Ice biomes aren't exactly rare, but they cannot appear nearby the starting biome.  You'll have to cross at least one biome layer to find them.

If you're on Verdante, there should be swamp/slime biomes nearby your start and scattered oil biomes with oil resovoirs in them.  If you don't see either of these, then you're definitely not on Verdante.

Just now, DarkMaster13 said:

Ice biomes aren't exactly rare, but they cannot appear nearby the starting biome.  You'll have to cross at least one biome layer to find them.

If you're on Verdante, there should be swamp/slime biomes nearby your start and scattered oil biomes with oil resovoirs in them.  If you don't see either of these, then you're definitely not on Verdante.

ohh there's a ton of oil reservoirs, i must be on verdante accidently.

Just now, DarkMaster13 said:

Irregular oil and burried oil traits can still cause that.  Verdante is just garunteed to have those.  Swamp biomes are a sure fire way to prove you're not on arboria.

yeah there's plenty of swamps too

Archived