Something to do at night.

We need something to do at night. As I type this I have the screen minimized and am waiting for night to turn into day. Used to be there was enough light to do little things around the campfire, but now that the darkness has become so oppressive all I do is sit around feeding the fires.

So guys what do you do at night? And what do you think could be added to the nighttime to make it scarier/more interesting. Am I the only one who just sits there by the fire waiting for day?

Maybe this could be resolved with a permanent structure that acted as a non-portable straw mat, but I would rather nighttime be more interesting rather than just skip-able. . .

I mean I suppose I could go out foraging at night by torchlight but. . .

So guys what do you do at night?

It depends... two nights ago I angered a treant with Wendy and spent the entire night running around my camp fire with it chasing me. Good times... good times...

And what do you think could be added to the nighttime to make it scarier/more interesting.

I don't know... maybe TWO treants?!? :)

I think the ghost you can sometimes unearth from a grave should disappear initially, but then return to hunt you at night. Maybe give it red eyes that glow even in the darkness so you can see it approaching from beyond your camp fire's light.

More creepy sound effects would also be nice, and they should be ones that wouldn't play during the day. Like say wolves howling, whispers, snapping branches, rustling grass, footsteps on stone, and other strange animal noises.

Am I the only one who just sits there by the fire waiting for day?

Probably not, as that's how I spend my time. I don't trust torches... maybe if the game allowed you to automatically equip a new torch whenever an old one expired, then I would venture out during the night with a few torches. Of course I am planning to catch fireflies, so I'll need to come up with a plan Soon.