Why the rework of woodie is NOT bad

Hello, following all the bad return about recent Woodie update I decided to test it myself.

For me the rework is not as bad as the people wrote. I guess most of the people were disapointed because they expected woodie to become overpowered and the rework didn't make it.  it just slightly improve him and changed the past mechanics. 

Most important change: most of the time you will be in human form!

Yes, you will not spend all the game in werebeaver and eating all the forest of the constant. Armed with your Lucy, you will be the best lumberjack of all the character with no downside. Except, maybe, during fullmoon

So why to transform? to have additional buff for very specific situation. 

Werebeaver: transform to it when you forest farm (or marble tree, stone fruit stock) are ready to be havrest. So far it is one of the best way to collect wood. it also remove stump and the fact that you cannot pick up item permit you to focus on cutting wood to expand at maximun the transformation time. Moreover you can combine it with warly spices. 

Weregoose: This transformation is not for early map exploration! beacause it needs certain preparation to be use without dying of hunger in the countryside. the main advantage of this form is it night vision and it possibility to transform to it in chain. potential use: mid-game exploration (cave/ruins), going to specific point (walrus camp, Lazy deserter, beefalo, etc..), escape some situation (but carefull with the animation time and health lost) or urgently going back to the base

Weremoose: the fight mode! transform to it when you are ready to engage a decent fight. you gain some basic armor and nice dommage, getting more slow but gain a mobility ability and more important faster attack period. An important point to consider is the weremoose is not a tank, it is a dommage dealer. Obviously it will not allow to solo boss by just pressing F and waiting the boss to die and the slow speed avoid to kit mob as we are use to do and you cannot heal yourself in this form. So why transforming into weremoose instead of having a wood armor and hambat? what are the advantages? AOE domage with the charge to kill small mob ( penguin, spider farm , hound) and huge amount of dommage with the faster attack period (hitlock better the pig by the way)!

Moreover, fighting in this form change the fight gameplay, as kitting is less efficient you rely more on healing and your new ability to charge: to engage a combat or to retreat when your transformtion/health are going to the end to eat some pierogi/dragonpie and charge again to the fight!

So yes, the new Woodie is not bad, not easier to play and required new way to play and habits.  Most of the critics I read blame the transformation time and its cost. However for me it is just because the new transformation cannot be played as the past werebeaver. As I said before each transformation as to be done for very precise case and not when you are in bad situation.  Moreover, the time of the transformation can be prolongated by transforming again without having to eat a meaty stew between. (more challenging  in fight I agree but doable with the charge). I like the cost of the transformation, it makes Woodie more challenging to play and you need to plan how and when to use efficently your transformations than just always transform yourself every 2 min.

Another point: The transformation didn't swim and yes it is a good point. navigate into the sea was game designed to be multiplayer, having one character able to explore it alone would have ruin it.

Happy to know your point of view about it.

1 hour ago, Varum said:

So yes, the new Woodie is not bad

I just don't understand why Woodie is just "not bad" While other characters are awesome with due respect.

I think Moose idol should be more expensive for a buff in strength that equal to at least a dark sword for late game cause I don't see the point in having base Woodie stronger then were-moose. Make it 6 living log 3 monsters meat if must, the after effect don't bother me. Ill even go a far as saying considering the awesomeness of the moose transformation he should be able to kill bosses with a adequate preparation.

1 hour ago, Varum said:

I guess most of the people were disapointed because they expected woodie to become overpowered and the rework didn't make it.  

Stopped reading here. If you think that is why people were disappointed then it means you didn't understand the valid points that were made by a lot of people regarding the rework.

Archived