Bearger isnt dropping logs when walking through trees.

Romp

I decided to jump off my pc for a while and put about 600 days into an offline dst world on ps4. I finally got prepped to start using bearger to farm logs and.. well he's not. Is this the price I pay for playing on console? I literally left playstation for trying to force me to pay to play my old games purchased on ps3. Now in dst I can't use a mouse/keyboard, console or farm with bearger even in offline mode? Is there any reasoning behind this?

It works as intended in DST. Bearger was programmed that way. If i'm correct he shouldnt even be able to stump trees by walking on it in PC.

I might be wrong on that last part because i know some update have been made to bearger recently on PC, wich they havent manage there way to ps4 yet.

Never the less as of now, this is not a bug and it works like the dev wanted it to be 

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

You need to make Bearger claw or slam the trees with its attacks. Just walking through the trees hasn't worked for quite awhile. 

I've never played offline....but I was just farming trees with Bearger a couple of days ago. He was walking through the trees, knocking them down, just fine. Clawing and ground pounding them too. The only thing that I thought was weird was, I farmed almost an entire birchwood area with him, and not 1 poisonous birchwood tree spawned. 

I remember Bearger being able to walk through them just fine up till a certain point, but it hasn't worked (at least in my world) for months and months now so I assumed it was something they purposefully changed. I switched over to using the Reanimated Skeleton down in the caves to farm my wood. Granted this is much more of a late-game farm considering you need to kill the Fuelweaver to get the Shadow Thurible. And you also need to do the Shadow Chess Piece fight at least twice. BUT he can walk through the trees unlike Bearger, you can do it at anytime of the year rather than being limited to only Autumn when the Bearger is active, and when Treeguards inevitably take him down you can just rebuild and resurrect him!

Optional, but makes it much easier to deal with Sanity loss constantly resurrecting the Reanimated Skeleton, is the Bee Queen Crown. Standing right next to the Reanimated Skeleton with the Bee Queen Crown will shoot your sanity right up.

14 hours ago, keats95 said:

Optional, but makes it much easier to deal with Sanity lose constantly resurrecting the Reanimated Skeleton, is the Bee Queen Crown. Standing right next to the Reanimated Skeleton with the Bee Queen Crown will shoot your sanity right up.

I freakin' love the Bee Queen Crown.....makes Deerclops fight a breeze! 

Thanks for the sanity trick. Also I ended up using bearger right after this post by having him swipe trees sometimes 2 or 3 at a time by pausing just after walking past what I wanted him to hit then walking into dense tree clusters before a ground pound. Also happened to use the reanimated skeleton to farm some as well as pigs. I didnt think to use him in caves though so thankyou. Ill bring my crown when I go. 

Archived