How to deal with patfinding lag?

As in title.

At few hundreds cycle pathfinding lag hit me heavily. Lowering speed by each stage makes my dupes make 30% more errands each cycle.

I wondering how i can reduce this lag other ways than obvious, like using "one tile infinite storage", reduce errand (especially avoiding algae terrarium, using robominers or sweeping small piles), making some jobs full time or temporary closing mining shafts for suplliers.

Are tubes or jetpacks more efficient for pathfinding than ladders?

How bad ladder chessboard is in comparisment to ladder tree?

I kinda want to know this too. This may sound impractical, but you could upgrade you pc with more/faster ram. I am a corsair user myself running 32gb. You shouldn't have to do anything irl to solve this problem, but hey that is one solution. I've heard from other posts I believe that assigning your cores/threads a higher priority towards ONI would help a little. It's mainly about reducing the physics collisions/calculations that the game has to make as well. Others will probably have more input than me on this.

Radial pathing and access restrictions go a long way.

What should theoretically reverse the problem would be to specialize your dupes & make places for them to live right at their worksite. Also restrict their access to other places.

Actually pretty challenging to design a base this way.

3 hours ago, thorstein92 said:

As in title.

At few hundreds cycle pathfinding lag hit me heavily. Lowering speed by each stage makes my dupes make 30% more errands each cycle.

I give some general tips in that topic... basically, you want to put your dupes within enclosed space and do not even give them an option to leave... Reduce the amount of options they have when picking a path... Making chessboard ladders is how you kill your game, making tree ladders is also bad... What you want is one single ladder in the center...
Do not use jet suits, they will lag your game pretty hard... Also, do not use fire poles, they add tons of lags to your base. 
Also, make sure to put all of your resources that are lying around inside storage boxes.

Give your dupes dedicated jobs... Lock your ranchers with critters, its 1 rancher per 4 ranches... Lock your farmers with your plants, the ratio is different for different plants though... Put your cooks inside the kitchen... Put the operator that uses metal refinery to make metal next to it.

Use rails to distribute resources such as food between the farms... Always use autosweepers to sweep resources inside the farms.

Try playing with priorities, reducing priority on regular errands below 5 to 1-4 should actually improve your game performance. 

Critters actually barely add anything to lag, it is all dupes. And it is dupes that can get into any place on your asteroid... Dupes that are enclosed inside small boxes they cant leave, do not add too much of lag. 

Trust me, if all of your dupes are running around digging, building and delivering resources, you will keep on tanking lags... You need to make it dedicated jobs for a few dupes. Dig and construction can be a job for same dupe, but, you need to make dupes that only do 1 task -> "store" and everyone else should be disallowed. Things are a bit tricky with "supply", because it is both used in building and delivering resources to things. You want to let your dig/construct dupes to be able to "supply", but do not let them get access to areas that are not building sites. Basically, doors everywhere are your friends. 

My base have only one ladder end one transportation tube in the middle.
This middle corridor is the only way for access evry floor in my base.

Edit : I forget the fire pole. I will destroy it. it is very useful before having transportation tube.

Capture du 2019-09-11 13:12:42.png

Archived