Shrunken resource list

After today's update the resource list is collapsed into small box in the upper right hand corner. Was this change intentional, or a bug? I am very much not liking it. I have to scroll through a list to find resource amounts now instead of just looking at a glance. 

I am running on a 2560x1600 monitor in full screen mode, in case this is relevant.

Check the update post on the front page of the forum, it's intentional. I am playing at a much lower resolution, so for me it's a great change. Though don't worry, I think they might adjust it again as you suggest. Maybe they'll make it a toggle on the option menu, that'd be ideal.

10 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

I actually really like this change.

I'm glad it works for you. Let me ask you though: at what resolution are playing?

This is new scroll bar list on my screen. Opening 2 sections means I need to scroll to see the rest.

Spoiler

20190905185737_1.thumb.jpg.a53619756c3194cd040433a59f2bb5a1.jpg

This is old resource list on my screen. Four sections open, everything readable.

Spoiler

20190822213952_1.thumb.jpg.bbee5e82ea61e74ecf299216bec35155.jpg

18 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

I'm glad it works for you. Let me ask you though: at what resolution are playing?

This is new scroll bar list on my screen. Opening 2 sections means I need to scroll to see the rest.

Hide contents

20190905185737_1.thumb.jpg.a53619756c3194cd040433a59f2bb5a1.jpg

This is old resource list on my screen. Four sections open, everything readable.

Hide contents

20190822213952_1.thumb.jpg.bbee5e82ea61e74ecf299216bec35155.jpg

I play at 1080p with 80% UI scaling (which I had to decrease to be able to build on the side of the screen).  I believe 1080p is the most common resolution.  I also tend to have a lot of these tabs open, or want to have more of them open than would fit.  I believe if I were to have those menus open at 1080p, they would be unreadable at the bottom because they would go off the screen (though I would be wrong about that).

Out of curiosity, why do you need to know at a glance how many raw materials or food you have at all times?  We already have a nice view of how many kcals we have, and whenever you build, it tells you how many raw materials you have.

I am not opposed to it being resizable, but I think the collapsible option is great and the scroll bar is really nice because it enhances the utility of the resource list.  I think we could both be happy if we had three levels of collapsed.  The non-collapsed, the fully collapsed, then "open menus only."

On the old screen at 1080p, try to cycle through your eggs to find that slickster egg that isn't where its supposed to be.  The details on the egg would get in the way, even with all the other menus closed and you couldn't do it without having to solve a puzzle "Which menus do I have to open to get the slickster egg to appear below the material details window but above the commands at the bottom right?"

2 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

Out of curiosity, why do you need to know at a glance how many raw materials or food you have at all times? 

Monitoring my hatch food (Sedimentary), fish food (Algae), meaty foods and eggs for Carnivore/Localvore.

21 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Monitoring my hatch food (Sedimentary), fish food (Algae), meaty foods and eggs for Carnivore/Localvore.

That makes sense.

What resolution are you playing at?

I believe that the UI choice that they implemented is superior to what existed before, as it got in the way in common resolutions.  I also think that they should add some customization.

Archived