Suggestion:

Automated Vent that can be disabled by logic and can be set to any 'max pressure' value up to 5Kg.

Reasons:

1. Normal vents do not work reliably in certain environments, for example my normal 2kg vent overpressured my base to 3kg, because small packets of carbon dioxide were passing by very often (at least I think it was the cause, oxyferns don't produce that much oxygen and neglectable amount of polluted oxygen was converted). Having externally controlled vent will fix the issue
  2. We obviously can use controlable valves, but they are not ideal for a number of situations (a bit of gas will get to vent either way and they need infrastructure to work and I had to deconstruct vents quite a few times because they can't be turned off)
  3. There are situations where player needs finer control or/and reaction speed. Or at least player can come up with such situations)
  4. I'm fairly sure this is easy to implement for noticeable benefit (flexibility).
  5. 2Kg vents to 20Kg vents is too much of a jump

10 minutes ago, AndreyKl said:

We obviously can use controlable valves, but they are not ideal for a number of situations (a bit of gas will get to vent either way and they need infrastructure to work)

Of course they aren't ideal, but neither would be your idea. Shutoffs are good enough for 99.9% of the situations.

On 31.08.2019 at 7:38 PM, Sasza22 said:

A bit bigger than just the vent but more controllable and reliable.

I mostly agree, but mechanical vent that can be closed (preferably via automation, but even manual one will do) will be really convenient. The only way to disable vents currently is either to have shutoff/valve before them or to deconstruct vents completely, neither are convenient even if they can be made to work for most cases. Most machines can be disables, vents can not.

Honestly with the things that CAN be disabled (statues can be disabled... come on...) I am amazed that vents can't be. Automation on them would be neat and save a little space over the shutoff method, but the real problem is that they can't be closed at all, manually or otherwise. I "try" to integrate vents in at least a semi aesthetically pleasing way so shutoffs and automation gates and such don't really work for me for typical base vents. Maybe leave the automation off the basic vent but add it to the high pressure one, and add manual disabling to both. The high pressure vent would benefit from the addition of automation greatly as its range is up to 20kg pressure, provided you didn't just want the room at max.

Archived