How to tame your volcano.

9 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

I had 2 mcg hydrogen and 32 mcg co2 (yes micrograms) holding back >300000kg of salt water. Gonna build a door compressor to see how high the liquid limit it. :) 

OK. Sounding more and more like a 1 off glitch. I'll still post my exact build tonight just in case. Thanks for taking a look. 

24 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

OK. Sounding more and more like a 1 off glitch.

Well, I'm holding back more than 1,100,000 kg with 3mcg of each gas...  If there is a limit, I'll let someone else find it.  

Side note.  If I use sandbox to SAMPLE this 1,000,000 kg of water, and then try to brush it, it either (1) instantly swaps to vacuum, or my game crashes out without a black hole.....  So trying to replicate huge quantities of water (at least on my machine) is problematic. 

Also, a door compressor does NOT increase the flow rate into the infinite storage unit.  The inflow rate is capped, a useful fact for later designs. It's over 400kg a second, but still throttled. For those wanting to process 400kg/s of crude to petro boiling (hahaha), this information could be vital. Why take 100 cycles to process your goods when you can do it in 1 cycle..... Process the entire oil biome in one fell swooop. :) 

33 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

I'll still post my exact build tonight just in case.

Wouldn't hurt to start a new thread, and give people a few links to uses.  If you need some old links (like where it started, some developments, etc., message me and I'll happily share. You could link to this thread as well, for details on the 3mcg holding back 1,000,000kg. Here is a screenshot at one stage. 

highpressureliquid.thumb.png.6863ded911ed21d7b6960cda283f7982.png

Archived