Best place to camp.

The best place to camp i would say is near a swamp.Not IN a swamp because that would be crazy.Yes,it may seem also stupid to ths but eventually no matter how far you go into the game,you're going to encounter some big ass optimus pine,and he won't freaking die.Or if you're super unlucky,you get three optimus pines like Xacktastic :p. For the people who've gone to 200+ days with optimus pines,How do you kill it with other means?

I just bury pine cones near the jerk until he replants himself.
Then, once I'm prepared to take him on, I lure him into the pig village and stand there watching the little savages do all of my work for me over the next few days. Edited by Shadoweangel
Spoilers. Yup.

I found out that if you just plant alot of ******* trees (~10) while he chases you he will unrage and become a normal tree again =)

Like wall yourself off from him with the trees

Edit: nvm post above me allready covered that ^^'

I tried and can confirm that after you smooth the beast you can NOT chopchop him without him raging again :p

Edited by Spoonfairy
spoiler here too

The way I deal with optimus is to

start a fire and lead him through it over and over again. It takes a little while, but it works out pretty effectively. You might need to get an extra wide berth occasionally to refuel it though.

Xacks was real. Mine was staged :)

I always carry a flute with me. Usually when im chopping it is to clear a certain area of trees (paths for example) So I dont want to start planting a bunch of new ones.

And when Mr. Pine shows up I just walk him to my designated monster tree area and play him a tune.

• Developer

Awww, poot tent. Shuffling from role to role... never pleasing anyone. :)

I like the mirror idea for changing characters. I like the tent for that too (you're going in there to change your skin!), but sigh.

One thing I don't want to give you all is a permanent bedroll. There has to be some downside to skipping the night - either a resource cost, an opportunity cost, or it allows the unspeakable invisible horrors that exist all around you to get a little bit closer.

Awww, poot tent. Shuffling from role to role... never pleasing anyone. :)

I like the mirror idea for changing characters. I like the tent for that too (you're going in there to change your skin!), but sigh.

One thing I don't want to give you all is a permanent bedroll. There has to be some downside to skipping the night - either a resource cost, an opportunity cost, or it allows the unspeakable invisible horrors that exist all around you to get a little bit closer.

I really like the feel of the tent. Makes my camp look more campy. I dont like it as a character swap cos then it disapperas. So if it can never be a bedroll. Then maybe something else, that would make so you can use it but still keep it?

But not as a health regen, cos you get sp much health from eating anyways.

(Starting to understand the difficulties of designing a game in a way that pleases the masses) :p

And yes, mirror is an excellent chise for a swapping. But same there, I really dont like "structures" that dissapear after using them.

Campfire is ok, cos it is supose to disapear, and effigy is ok becose, yeah, you die and all. (and it leaves a little pile of used effigy behind)