Old Wortox Portrait?

image.png.581d33c0d4e0595f2a58007b366ec268.png 

So back when the roadmap was first released, and we were confirmed to be getting 4 DLC characters, this shadow of Wortox was there. This obviously was to signify that Wortox was arriving, but his in-game portrait is different from this. Was this created solely as a silhouette? Or is there a full portrait to be had?

I believe this was the old unimplemented wortox that has been in the game files for years, you can tell from his more chiseled appearance and hair on the top of his head. I believe you are right in they used this photo until they had the real wortox finalized.

1 minute ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

I believe this was the old unimplemented wortox that has been in the game files for years, you can tell from his more chiseled appearance and hair on the top of his head. I believe you are right in they used this photo until they had the real wortox finalized.

I can't help but wonder what this would've looked like... I don't think we ever got to see.

11 minutes ago, Pumkingthegreat said:

Wortox.JPG.306380eddb6cdcf1a75b8717fde38fcc.JPGI found this image in the wiki, this should be the wortox you were curious about

Yeah, but we never saw any portrait art with this design, and this silhouette could imply that it once existed...

They mentioned once that the unused character's voices were done but not all were in files so what if it was the latter with character models and they just used the older one because they were making a better sprite and didnt have anything else to make promo art with?

11 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

They mentioned once that the unused character's voices were done but not all were in files so what if it was the latter with character models and they just used the older one because they were making a better sprite and didnt have anything else to make promo art with?

If so then I am REALLY curious about all of those...

10 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I think they used the retro silhouette is because it would look more familiar, if they gave you the current Wortox it wouldn't be as obivious who the silho is

That is a good point... but I can't help but wonder if there was a full portrait to it or not.

Archived