Is water only contaminated with max 1 type of germs?

I just want to ask, if it is possible, that water can only contain one type of germs? For me it looks like the food poisoning germs dissappear out of my polluted water when i add some polluted water with slimelung germs and vice versa. I just mix them in a liquid reservoir and reduce the time they need to die in chlorine cause they immediately erase each other. Is this intended?

3 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

There is only 1 sort of contamination possible. Thats why some people flood the base with allergic-germs, when they dont have allergic dupes. 

Or keep buddy by the door of sealed base. Yes it is good trick to keep germs away from dups. Allergic dups are bad m'kay ;)

5 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

It is. A solution to get a large tank of water from dangerous Food Poisoning to Slimelung is to drip enough Slimelung-infected water in it.

:wilson_ecstatic: it's funny every time I think of it...imagine real life would be like that...I mean it is a little bit because bacterias fight each other often for space/food...did you know, they did a test on some university, where they tested a pair of jeans (denim) after 2 weeks for bacteria...13 months later(yep, the dude wore them the whole time) they took another test with the same jeans the bacteria count was almost the same or didn't increase significantly...

Sooo...where was i? Idk anymore...la-di-da I guess

13 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

It is. A solution to get a large tank of water from dangerous Food Poisoning to Slimelung is to drip enough Slimelung-infected water in it.

The fact that they changed mere food poisoning to be worse than a made-up disease which was supposed to kill is sad

23 minutes ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

:wilson_ecstatic: it's funny every time I think of it...imagine real life would be like that...I mean it is a little bit because bacterias fight each other often for space/food...did you know, they did a test on some university, where they tested a pair of jeans (denim) after 2 weeks for bacteria...13 months later(yep, the dude wore them the whole time) they took another test with the same jeans the bacteria count was almost the same or didn't increase significantly...

Sooo...where was i? Idk anymore...la-di-da I guess

Yes. And dirt after 1cm fall off by itself. Still i prefer shower ;)

About topic: slimelung at first was stronger and more dangerous than food poisoning ( btw food poisoning can kill you but not always) so i think they made it more aggresive - i think when someone test dropping some food poisoning bacteria to slimelung ( if it is still alive - it die in liquid) slimelung would still win. I never tested spreading food poisoning to gas full of slimelung - which bacteria will win? Anyone tested it? 

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

The fact that they changed mere food poisoning to be worse than a made-up disease which was supposed to kill is sad

I've had both food poisoning and pneumonia slime lung and both were pretty bad in their own way. Food poisoning hurts, and of course there's the vomiting. When I got diagnosed with pneumonia slime lung they were worried I was going to die, so they put me on some sort of inhaler machine immediately. As far as I was concerned it was just a lot of coughing and a little difficulty breathing, but overall I'd rather have that than food poisoning. I mean, aside from the "you might stop breathing entirely" aspect of it.

It's not like pleurisy. That feels like something's stabbing you in the chest with little knives every time you take even the smallest of breaths. No slime in the lungs, though, so there's that.

5 hours ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

.I mean it is a little bit because bacterias fight each other often for space/food...

Aww, that's why excessive showers or brutal mouthwash is actually detrimental. And all those disinfectants that "REMOVES 99,9% OF BACTERIA" yeah sure, what about that 0,01% that survives and multiplies?

Real Life Moment:

I was born rather fragile, but I've grown up playing in dirt, woods, building huts beside an oil pipeline on a riverside. There was a sewer outlet in the middle of the beach I used to go to. I ate insects just to know what do they taste like, but just once for every species, then never again because I'm against killing if not necessary. I've cut, scraped, bruised, broken almost all of my body parts during all these years, washing everything with copious amounts of (polluted) H20 and extremely limited amounts of H2O2. Like most kids from the 80s. I'm still here.. and fine, I guess.

Meanwhile, this next generation of kids (born from people I know) live in a bubble where their parents are obsessed with hygiene, they disinfect everything and use massive amounts of chemicals to ensure that "99.9% of bacteria IS DED". They don't want their kids to run, since they may fall and get a bruised knee (duh....)....

Those kids are very often ill. They are physically much stronger specimens than I was at their age, yet they are being hurt from something, way more than my generation was.

They have access to better nutrition and a more controlled environment with less pollution. So the cause must be germs. That super strong 0,01% that grows and multiplies on "free land", sterilized objects. Or something from the "common" % they don't have to fight every day, since they live in a sterile environment.

I think that all those extreme hygienic measures are gonna play a big part in our future suffering. Well, not mine, but ours as a collective being, for sure.

Reaaaaaly wish they did more work on diseases. I hope they curbed them temporarily while they really sort them out. Even before the disease nerf, they still weren't all that scary. Just had to make sure you kept at least 1 dupe on standby to doctor the other ones with slimelung.

@6Havok9

Least you didn't mention anti-vaxxers, coulda started a real forum epidemic there...(Oops...)

Surprised it's not common knowledge by now. We have a pretty good understanding of how the immune system works...and we have the biggest and most readily available information source in the history of mankind to look it up as well...shame.

Immune system works by being exposed to things, seems natural to me. Going outside and rolling around in the dirt, swimming in streams / lakes, licking your friends runny nose...getting essential vaccines (flu vaccine is not essential)...All good things.

There are also a few research papers showing a definitive relationship with regards to how often new students get sick and an overly sanitized upbringing.

Got all my necessary vaccines, rolled around in dirt and swam in the local golf-course lake looking for golf-balls as a kid. I don't have autism, and I get sick less than once per year. When I DO get sick, it's for a day, tops.

Archived