Poll on Lag

Poll on Lag  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you lag? (0 being never, 10 being all the time)

2. 2. How often do you lag on split screen?

• Never tried spit screen

I don't play ps4, but seeing as I'm practically the only XboxOne user in these forums, I posted this for ps4. I'm just wondering how bad the lag is for everybody on console, because I never seem to see anybody talking about lag being an issue except me.

For me, I lag once in a while, when playing alone or with other people online, to where it doesn't really bother me that much. But split screen is a whole other case. My brother and I bought this game so we could have a good coop game to play together. But, for whatever reason, the lag on split screen is a pure nightmare for us. It lags so much that we kept on dying to stupid stuff like frogs, and there's no way we could ever kill a boss by ourselves. Every time we try playing together, we end up abruptly stopping because we were too pissed to continue playing. I kind of felt ripped off because I bought the game specifically to play with him. Yes, I do still play the game alone, but I want to play split screen, gosh dang it.

The reason why I haven't made a complaint about the lag is because I don't know if it's just me experiencing lag this badly, or if others are having as much trouble as I am.

So, is it just me, or do you guys have these problems, too?

5 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I don't play ps4, but seeing as I'm practically the only XboxOne user in these forums, I posted this for ps4. I'm just wondering how bad the lag is for everybody on console, because I never seem to see anybody talking about lag being an issue except me.

For me, I lag once in a while, when playing alone or with other people online, to where it doesn't really bother me that much. But split screen is a whole other case. My brother and I bought this game so we could have a good coop game to play together. But, for whatever reason, the lag on split screen is a pure nightmare for us. It lags so much that we kept on dying to stupid stuff like frogs, and there's no way we could ever kill a boss by ourselves. Every time we try playing together, we end up abruptly stopping because we were too pissed to continue playing. I kind of felt ripped off because I bought the game specifically to play with him. Yes, I do still play the game alone, but I want to play split screen, gosh dang it.

The reason why I haven't made a complaint about the lag is because I don't know if it's just me experiencing lag this badly, or if others are having as much trouble as I am.

So, is it just me, or do you guys have these problems, too?

It’s not just you. I have this on ps4 and XboneX. It’s worse on the Xbone. Unplayable in offline split screen. Devs won’t fix it. I haven’t touched the game in months B/C of this. Sucks when you like a game that isn’t supported because the problem is “too difficult to replicate”. Pretty sure anyone that would take the time to plug in an Xbox and load up a world in split screen offline could “replicate” this issue within the first ten days, but apparently that’s too hard. 

But yeah, definitely not just you. Just look at 90% of the reviews in the Xbox store that all say the same thing, which obviously don’t matter either.

2 minutes ago, DidUReboot said:

I haven’t touched the game in months B/C of this. Sucks when you like a game that isn’t supported because the problem is “too difficult to replicate”. Pretty sure anyone that would take the time to plug in an Xbox and load up a world in split screen offline could “replicate” this issue within the first ten days, but apparently that’s too hard. 

What are you talking about? Did the devs address this problem before?

I usually play solo. Day 700 so far and the only time it really lags for me is either when

•the frog rains start and set eyes on my bunnymen 3 days in a row

•I chop down the 9 stacks of trees I planted with 20 pigmen

•I forget about my grass gecko farm

Other than that, just some lag here and there from just being 700 days old

On new worlds all the way to say day 800 i don't experience much lag especially if solo or with 1 or 2 other people. However after day 800 it progressively gets worse until i can't even play solo. It sucks because i am the type of player that would enjoy playing on 1 world forever, but it just isn't possible with this game(at least for me).

Hi all

Even I have been facing the same lag issues for ps4 while playing via split screen. Came to the forum just to see whether others have been facing the same issue or not. But it seems like the devs really need to work upon this.

I play split screen pretty often with my girlfriend, and we have lag at times....but it isn't game breaking. The only time the lag gets pretty bad is when you're around mobs in high numbers. So, we completely take he killer bees out of the game....the lag with them were pretty game breaking. We try not to let the beefalo herd numbers get too crazy. We tend to run to the beefalo for protection from the hounds until we get the tooth traps placed, but if the beefalo numbers are too high (more than 6 or so), then the lag comes....especially with fire hounds. Frog rains used to be an issue, but it hasn't in a while. Try to keep your spider nest numbers low, too. 
I play on PS4, so I can't speak for XBox, but I Hope this helps. 

Archived