Jump to content

Is Locavore achievable?


Recommended Posts

Been trying for all achievements on maps and that one is doable. I bring in dupes every chance until I hit 12 and normally get Locavore by cycles 40-50.

You will need at least one cook making fry mush none stop to feed that many so water/dirt may be an issue on some maps. fry mush will save you on water and lessen food poisoning.

On the other hand Super sustainable is... broken? Seen a pic of someone with it but something is off about it. I have tried with 2 maps, one cycle 800 the other 560 and nada. Even added the daily reports on the 2nd one and only used hamster wheels. Should have had it by cycle 400ish. On my 3rd map and this time I'm using zero coal.... no meds, no ceramic, no refined carbon ZERO. Kilns and meds are messing it up or someone added another zero on that 240,000.  

* no refineries for plastic either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nebbie said:

Did you ever plant anything in a planter box or such? Even a wheezewort means you can't get the achievement

I planted Buddy Buds onto Wall pots only, they should not count

2 hours ago, noric said:

Been trying for all achievements on maps and that one is doable. I bring in dupes every chance until I hit 12 and normally get Locavore by cycles 40-50.

Have you used Pips to plant stuff?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Vampyre_by said:

Have you used Pips to plant stuff?

Nope, Been using the tera map so no pips. Not sure if they will affect the achievement or not. I dont plant any type of plant, not even for decoration. I handle stress with statues, clean floors and limiting skill points used. (3-4) To busy trying to get hatches going for carnivore.

Locavore, carnivore and I assume super sustainable are quiet literal in the wording. "without planting any seed",  " critter meat"(no BBQ),  "without using coal, methane, petrol or wood generators"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on the code: Locavore only checks planter boxes/farm tiles/hydroponic tiles for non-decor plants. Carnivore was fixed recently to count BBQ, fish, cooked fish, surf and turf, burger. Super Sustainable is (I think) broken in how it counts energy (see below), but only building coal, methane, petrol or wood generators will disable it (in particular, you should be able to use a kiln or refinery with no problems).

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, hyperionsshrike said:

Carnivore was fixed recently to count BBQ, fish, cooked fish, surf and turf, burger.

Will have to try that out on my next run. The extra 800 calories per hatch, not to mention fish will make it a lot easier.

Its the WithoutUsingYList that makes me wonder. Is that list coal, methane, petrol and wood. Or coal generator, wood burner, natural gas generator and petroleum generator. Just a shot in the dark really as I just cant seem to get that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, noric said:

Will have to try that out on my next run. The extra 800 calories per hatch, not to mention fish will make it a lot easier.

Its the WithoutUsingYList that makes me wonder. Is that list coal, methane, petrol and wood. Or coal generator, wood burner, natural gas generator and petroleum generator. Just a shot in the dark really as I just cant seem to get that one.

      List<Tag> disallowedBuildings = new List<Tag>();
      disallowedBuildings.Add(Tag.op_Implicit("MethaneGenerator"));
      disallowedBuildings.Add(Tag.op_Implicit("PetroleumGenerator"));
      disallowedBuildings.Add(Tag.op_Implicit("WoodGasGenerator"));
      disallowedBuildings.Add(Tag.op_Implicit("Generator"));
      ProduceXEngeryWithoutUsingYList withoutUsingYlist = new ProduceXEngeryWithoutUsingYList(240000f, disallowedBuildings);

I think it's pretty clear from the naming that it's the buildings. Also in ProduceXEngeryWithoutUsingYList.Update(), it only iterates over the generators in energySim when checking for `usedDisallowedBuilding`.

It really is pretty frustrating though. I think until this is fixed the achievement will require ~10x the amount stated in the text.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, hyperionsshrike said:

It really is pretty frustrating though. I think until this is fixed the achievement will require ~10x the amount stated in the text.

Or it may be a save/load bug, like with tubular.

Wish we had a way to look up save content to correlate the data. It probably wouldn't be hard to write a mod that displays colony achievement data fields. If this bug continues, I might try my hand at such a mod.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...