Pipe Element Sensor: "Any" option

Pictured below is the current preview build UI for the element sensor.

gasnone.thumb.png.fb0f3d9616872797a599a7f452d5c635.png

At at glance you may notice:

• Output Red: All gas outputs (shouldn't this be "gas contents"?)
  • Output Green: None

This seems to imply that

• When the contents of the pipe has any gas in it, the output will be red.
  • When the contents of the pipe has no gas in it, the output will be green.

I hoped we would finally be able to simply detect whether the pipe contains any content or not again, but this was not the case. Apparently the interpretation is "all circumstances" are red and "no circumstances" are green.

If this the intended behavior, please add an option to the list: "Any". We should be able to detect whether or not anything at all is in the pipe simply.

As a bonus, maybe sort the list alphabetically? It's almost there, but Polluted Oxygen is out of place.

1 hour ago, woodenstars said:

Can't you pair "none" with NOT-gate? I use "gold" with a not-gate for liquids and gases too.

You might think. But currently that just produces a permanent green signal.

Gold and NOT will be the same. It won't let you differentiate between nothing and something. Only gold and anything else.

I added a pipe mass sensor to sensory overload. It can be used for this purpose. Just set it to above 0 and it will turn green regardless of passing element and red if there is no element. It also has special code that allows you to set above 1/10/20 kg to detect full pipes. (there is also a sensor for conveyor rails in case you are wondering about the 20 kg)

I agree Klei should add this to the game, but then again people on steam keep asking why my mods aren't in the game.

Archived