immunity coming back?

Perhaps they should just tweak it so that being unrested applies a penalty in the form of a greater chance of contracting a disease. As it stands, disease can more or less be completely ignored; there needs to be more incentive for players to avoid germs. 

I'd rather not see immune systems come back. Dirty bases are going to be dirty, and no amount of immunity is going to save a dupe from that. Rather, the damaging consequences of disease are better off as difficulty options. Normal difficulty infections should probably be annoying but not dangerous, while the tougher germs can introduce the fun stuff that forces players to take notice.

I liked immunity cause it was so clear. And it also made me pay attention to food poisoning. I'd bring that back and have hypothermia drop immunity to 50% (cause if you're cold your immune system does get weaker) to let that actually matter as well. It's not about making the disease system harder per se for me though, it's about making it a part of the gameplay that's clear and interactive. I still mourn it, it was a much better foundation for interesting tweaks and additions than what we have now (eg. different germs dropping immunity faster/slower, disinfecting mattering again in a visible way etc).

I'm playing on normal settings and pay literally 0 attention to any sickness my dupes get cause it's all inconsequential. Nobody dies, nobody vomits problematic germy water. I have a bunch of medical cots only and that's cause I was too lazy to set up exosuits and my dupes were a few close encounters with dodgy vents giving them burns. Nothing else matters whatsoever, the system could as well not exist if its only purpose is to slow this or that dupe of mine every now and again. Be it by bed rest I don't even notice, or running around sneezing.

7 hours ago, Ellilea said:

I'm playing on normal settings and pay literally 0 attention to any sickness my dupes get cause it's all inconsequential. Nobody dies, nobody vomits problematic germy water. I have a bunch of medical cots only and that's cause I was too lazy to set up exosuits and my dupes were a few close encounters with dodgy vents giving them burns. Nothing else matters whatsoever, the system could as well not exist if its only purpose is to slow this or that dupe of mine every now and again. Be it by bed rest I don't even notice, or running around sneezing.

the same problem here. (but have never tried the immunity system)

when i first started playing, i tried to make airlocks, later waterlocks, used deodirizers, tried to find a safe path to reeds, so i could get exosuits.

then i found out that slimelung doesnt do anything.

stopped caring about diseases.

Archived